Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Founded in 1888, Core-Mark helps its retail customers grow their sales and profits through its full-service distribution services, retailer marketing programs and an array of services solutions. Core-Mark distributes a broad array of products ranging from candy and cigarettes to fresh and pre-made foods to over 45,000 convenience and small format stores across the United States and Canada. With nearly 9,000 employees and 32 distribution centers in the US and Canada, Core-Mark’s revenues will exceed $16B in 2018. A market leader in a highly fragmented industry, Core-Mark’s mission is to be the most valued marketer of fresh and broad-line supply solutions to the growing convenience retail industry.
Core-Mark’s traditional convenience store customers include many of the major national and super-regional convenience store operators, as well as thousands of multi- and single-store operations. Core-Mark offers these retailers the ability to take advantage of manufacturer and company-sponsored sales and marketing programs, merchandising and product category management services, and information & data services which minimize retailers’ investment inventory while seeking to maximize sales and profits.
Core-Mark’s competitive strengths includes its deep experience in the food distribution industry, supported by a large, state-of-the-art and efficient transnational distribution infrastructure; innovative, full-service marketing programs that make customers more efficient, profitable and a destination for the most discerning shopper; and an array of marketing, technology and supply chain programs to assure retailer customers stay on trend and maintain profitability.
As an Account Manager (Sales Analyst), you’ll work as the liaison between Walmart and the Core-Mark Distribution Centers management teams solving many client/ customer service issues.
- Set up accounts by gathering new Customer information, entering Customer information into Core-Mark proprietary systems, notifying Distribution Centers, and creating opening order.
- Verify all new procedures, service changes, and system modifications have been successfully communicated and applied to Customer accounts.
- Monitor aged inventory and develop exit strategies with Customer and Distribution Centers.
- Collect information (from customer and/or vendors) to set up new items.
- Manage Customer accounts using Core-Mark proprietary systems. Create and maintain reoccurring reports for customer, directors, Distribution Centers, and/ or VPs such as critical items, out of stocks, velocity, and lost sales.
- Conduct regular account reviews with Core-Mark Account Director and customers to evaluate any changes in customers’ needs.
- Build rapport with all members of the assigned accounts team, including all category managers, upper management and field operational management.
- Manage all promotional activity including coordinate the set-up of items in the Core-Mark system, coordination and communication of promotions to Core-Mark Distribution Centers and follow up to ensure product shipped in timely manner to all stores.
- Control inventory by working with Distribution Centers to monitor fill rates and ensure best possible performance, and communicate to buyers projected movement on new Customer items.
- Communicate to Core-Mark Distribution Centers all developments within assigned accounts such as store closings, store openings, new marketing initiatives financial changes etc
- Energetic, Positive, Can-Do Attitude
- 2- 3 year’s work experience in customer management
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, PowerPoint, word)
- Superior analytical skills, ability to mine data and construct metrics
- Extremely detail oriented
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction