Our client, located in Plano, Texas, is seeking a full-time Sales Application Engineer to join their team on a direct-hire basis. The role of Sales Application Engineer is a technical role responsible for assisting in the growth of military and aerospace fiber optic sales. This role will act as a technical resource for external and internal sales teams and will work with them to identify fiber optic solutions for customer requirements. Frequent travel will be required in this role.
- Thoroughly review customer requirements and identify appropriate solutions
- Assist the sales team in creation, component costing and quoting of materials
- Learn key accounts and key programs for the business; coordinate quoting activity to maximize growth potential
- Provide technical support and knowledge to customers, and respond to customer feedback in a timely manner
- Travel with external sales to key customer sites.
- Assist with on-site applications engineering
- Communicate customer requirements to the product development team, maintain bid and contract reviews for new products.
- Participate in new product design evaluations
- Work with sales team to respond to written and verbal RFIs
- Create technical proposals in response to customers Request for Proposals (RFPs); act as lead on proposal efforts, coordinating closely with the manufacturing divisions engineering teams
- Attend up to five trade shows per year with assistance from sales team
- Follow up on existing customers, proposals, quotes.
- Assist in technical editing of sales and marketing materials, which include articles, presentations, white papers, and collaterals
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical, strategic, and conceptual skill sets
- Ability to understand and communicate technical applications and develop customer specific interconnect solutions
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong team building skills; able to coordinate between multiple functions (sales, engineering, marketing)
- Strong organization skills able to keep track of customer requests for quotations and ensure all deadlines are met
- Must be self-sufficient and able to contribute and develop inventive, original ideas in a smaller company environment
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelors Degree in Technical / Engineering is strongly preferred. Degree can be in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering with some knowledge of/experience in RF/Optics and/or an advanced degree
- 2-3 years of progressive experience in engineering desired but not required, sales and/or marketing,
- Fluent in English (Must be able to read, write & fully communicate in English)
- Experience selling to large, aerospace/defense industry customers a plus
- Experience with connector sales and/or group systems, military market sales a plus
Biter & Associates, LLC is a professional firm specializing in direct-hire recruiting/ placement and human resource services.
You must be able to provide a minimum of 3 professional references, a verifiable work/education history.
Candidates must pass a criminal background check and a drug screen.
Candidates for this role must be a U.S. citizen