Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, exceptional customer service is at the heart of our success. As the Sales Assistant, you will maintain reports, track shipments, and deal with issues that arise, ensuring our customers have a positive experience. We will give you the tools, resources, and support you need to build a career you are not only proud of, but one you love.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Enter loads and confirm notes about the status of shipments
- Set pickup and delivery appointments with warehouses and customers
- Track the status of shipments from inception to delivery, and communicate with the customer on the status of the shipment; deal with any issues that may arise on any shipment and communicate with the customer
- Complete entry into TMS and ready loads for accounting, error free and complete
- Identify all shipments, billing, or follow-up issues to Sales Manager and Carrier Operations Group
- Prioritize the daily workload and focus of your accounts including load entry, tracking, and tracking reports
- Monitor report cards
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months of related experience and/or training
It’d be great if you also have:
- 1 year of related experience and/or training, and a general understanding of the transportation industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills with ability to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, collaborative work relationships both internally and externally
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.