Cox Media Group Miami is looking for detail oriented and forward thinking Sales Assistant to join our top notch team.
At CMG, our Sales Assistants provide administrative support to the entire sales department, including special projects, office workflow, appointments, correspondence, presentations, data compilation, research and records control. May perform duties of a sensitive and confidential nature.
In this position, you will interact and support our internal customers (Media Consultants, sales managers, etc.) as well as our external customers (clients). The ideal candidate will have worked in a support position in a sales environment, having an aptitude towards working with the digital sales process and open to learning new software programs. As this position is in sales, the ideal candidate must enjoy working in a team oriented environment and playing an integral role in achieving the goals of the department.
• Provide a high level of internal and external customer service
• Inputting sales orders/revisions for both traditional and digital sales for the Media Consultants.
• Become an expert with all internal systems; Wide Orbit, Miller Kaplan, Nielsen, DOT, XSM etc.
• Work closely with Sales Managers to tactically improve operational sales process
• Track, handle, implement, and maintain all endorsement contracts and sponsorships.
• Preparing and turning in all production/copy for the Media Consultants.
• Update the CRM system
• Complete and execute all promotional paperwork including working with all stations and also preparing recaps.
• With support from sales staff and managers identify and correct any billing errors or issues prior to end of month
• Provides general administrative support such as receiving and processing incoming and outgoing mail, faxing, filing, copying, arranging meetings and travel.
• Credit and collection responsibilities as needed for the MC’s
• Maintain a high standard of accuracy always.
• Provide Digital Campaign Support and digital campaign management
• Maintain Weekly Budget Pacing Sheet and distribute to Media Consultants.
• Pull and Distribute Monthly/Year over Year Revenue Variance Reports
• Revenue Reports & Excel Pivot tables
• Miller Kaplan Share analysis reports
• Account list management tracking
• Portfolio month end reconciliation
• Maintain Paid Time Off Tracker for Sales team
• Able to pull Nielsen Research Reports
• Keep Track of CMG Research studies
• Handle client ticket requests to sporting events and concerts
• Special Event coordinator handling all aspects including revenue analysis of each event
• Handle guest list for CMG concerts and events
• Updating Sales pieces for all stations
• Updating Sales Endorsement pieces including tracking availability
• Updating Sales feature pieces including tracking availability
• Customized Sales and Marketing proposal amongst various platforms (PPT, Prezi, etc.)
• Printing and binding as needed
• Pulling data and research for prospects, along with competitive and any other information needed.
Keen attention to detail:
• Schedule and organize all meeting rooms
• Record meeting notes (Sales meetings, client meetings, promotions meetings)
• Ability to pull reports from Google Analytics, AdWords, DFP and others
• Directory Listings Management via 3rd party dashboards
• Digital Ad Creative requests via CMG proprietary dashboards
• Social Media reports
• Recruitment needs as necessary; handling calls, sales screeners and greets visitors.
• Operates office equipment such as photocopier, fax machine, and calculator; including coordinating the servicing of equipment.
Our expectations of the sales assistant are to perform all of the above job duties at a high level while maintaining a positive attitude. Assist the Media Consultants and Sales managers with a high level of attention to detail in all of the above areas. Experience in a sales support role and creative presentation layout is preferred. Computer proficient in: PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knows the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies, and procedures, which may include some familiarity of other departments within the company. Is sensitive to the interrelationships of both people and functions within the department and company.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photo shop/Illustrator is a plus.
• Ability to compose correspondence as necessary.
• Excellent communication skills as it relates to all job duties.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to relate professionally with all levels of management.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and organization skills, with attention to detail accuracy and follow-up.
• Able to work as part of a group, and with all levels of department personnel with tact and discretion.
• Ability to prioritize and complete tasks, with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Reliable transportation required
• Two years college or equivalent high-level administrative experience.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Hollywood-2741 N 29th Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing