One North Broad Philadelphia's Historic Fine Events Venue is hiring a Sales Assistant. This is a Full Time opportunity that requires flexibility to work day, evening, and weekend hours. This position is located in Philadelphia, PA.
Recognizing our employees as our strongest asset, we value each unique person for their strength, contribution, and heart. We offer an intuitive benefits package, including some of the best compensation in our industry, because we know when our team is healthy, fulfilled, and able to pursue their dreams, they are empowered to make dreams come true every day for our clients.
To do this successfully, we seek individuals who are:
- Committed to providing heartfelt customer service
- Talented, and seeking ongoing professional growth & enrichment
- Innovative and accepting of change
- Invested in contributing to our team environment
What You'll Do:
As a Sales Assistant, you will work with the Director of Sales and Events to provide sales, administrative and operational support for the department. Our Sales Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Answer soft inquiries and provide general venue information to clients upon initial inquiry.
- Provide venue tours with clients and vendors as needed.
- Maintain and update client files: Manage receipt of client contracts, client insurances and update all client and event notes as required.
- Manage receipts of deposits and final payments. Send reminders for payments as necessary. Record receipt of payments with Accounting Dept. and manage return of security deposits.
- Connect with vendors to review site requirements, coordinate day of event arrangements, obtain COI's, photo releases, etc.
- Connect with Catering Partner to review and confirm event details, site requirements and set-up plans.
- Prepare and distribute event set-up plans to in-house team. Communicate and collaborate on sharing spaces with team.
- Assist with managing liquor Inventory, liquor allocation for events, and reconciliations.
- Be onsite as sales department contact / event coordinator during events as needed.
What You Definitely Have:
- Minimum 5-years' experience in Hospitality Industry, Special Events and Sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to match the communication standard set by the Director of Sales & Events to demonstrate consistency in the Sales Office's communications.
- MS Office experience and social media knowledge required.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize projects and duties.
- Ability to think creatively, problem-solve and "do what it takes".
- ServSafe and RAMP Certifications, or commitment to become certified.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Learn more about working at Masonic Villages of PA at our careers page: http://masonicvillages.org/careers/0