hey! we see you… a bright, talented, caring person that wants a retail career with MORE but "more what" exactly??
more caring…a community whose sole mission is to help our customers with health & well being
more impact…knowing everyday YOU made a difference in someone's life
more learning…we want you to learn so we pay for knowledge. the more you learn, the more you earn!
we are on the lookout for someone special to fill the MOST important role in our company, our Health Enthusiasts. Health Enthusiasts carry out the Vitamin Shoppes mission every single day in our stores, to support our customers on their personal journeys to better health.
the MUST haves…
1- a knowledge seeker with a can do attitude, and a big heart
2- not be afraid of a little register action & product sampling
3- share our passion for healthy living
4- care for our customers so they will leave our store, not only with a full bag but, also feeling they took a positive step on their journeys of health and wellness.
our part of the deal…
1- a healthy discount on our amazing products
2- the opportunity to advance within our great company
3- commitment to investing in your learning
4- continual feedback to help you learn and grow
Well, what are you waiting for? If you think you have the chops to be a Health Enthusiast at The Vitamin Shoppe we want to hear from you!
The Health Enthusiast (Associate) is instrumental in providing an outstanding Branded Customer Experience (customer service) to customers. This is accomplished through performing operational duties that drive sales through product knowledge, merchandising, register functions, store cleanliness, and other related duties. Health Enthusiasts represent the Vitamin Shoppe brand to our customers. Health Enthusiasts must be courteous, efficient, and able to engage in selling techniques with customers so that their needs and expectations are met or exceeded. This position is essential to the environment of health and wellness that the Vitamin Shoppe Inc. represents.
- Deliver the Branded Customer Experience (customer service) and drives sales by providing unmatched service. Through shifting priorities and tactics Health Enthusiasts will engage and meet the customer demands delivering friendly and prompt service to minimize wait time.
- Use product knowledge, product information and available resources to educate customers and assist them in making product selections that are right for them.
- Support sampling regiment through customer engagement.
- Participate in learning and development activities (daily store meetings and product/online education) in order to provide optimal customer service. Complete Learning Path and Vitamin Shoppe University training activities in established timelines.
- Maintain professional and courteous relationships with customers, co-workers and management fostering a positive work environment and embraces diversity.
- Collaborate with the store team to understand, support and achieve established sales goals and objectives. Participate in donation drives identified by the Customer Support Center.
- Promote growth and sales by creating and maintaining internal/external community outreach relationships within the local community. Establish an active sampling regimen through customer engagement.
- Perform regular maintenance; clean shelves, baskets, backrooms, front sidewalks, bathrooms, windows and floor according to company policy as directed by the management team.
- Assist in unloading stock, stocking shelves, checking products against invoice, sorting and distributing stock, pricing merchandise, cleaning fixtures and displaying product.
- Aid the management team in the implementation of merchandising and operational procedures. Perform category maintenance by rotating products according to the company’s product rotation policy. Identify damaged and expired product .Execute and ensure product is set to Planogram.
- Operate the cash register and execute customer transactions efficiently. Total price, tax, and shipping and handling charges accurately. Fully understand register functions, and balance the cash register at the end of each shift or as scheduled. Adhere to and verify bank deposit process along with the Manager on Duty.
- Aid the management team in ensuring the Vitamin Shoppe Healthy Award Club program is consistently promoted and customer information, including email is captured and accurate.
- Follow Loss Prevention standards as implemented by the Vitamin Shoppe.
- Adhere to assigned work schedule, responsible to promptly clock in/out and approve timecard during last shift worked. Adhere to personal appearance policy.
- Follow management direction in completing other duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of experience and instruction. Supplement knowledge/education is preferred, but not required.
Understanding of professional sales procedures and customer service
Knowledge of cash register functions and processing payment.
Passion for health, fitness, and nutrition.
One-year retail sales experience preferred.
Skill and Ability:
Excellent communication skills in selling products.
Interpersonal skills in dealing with all customers in a friendly, courteous, and polite manner.
Able to use 10-key, cash register, and related business equipment.
Flexibility to work nights and weekends.