HOLLYWOOD FEED STORE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
As a Hollywood Feed Store Manager, your position duties and requirements can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greet, interact with, and assist customers daily according to customer service standards
- Communicate openly and respectfully with supervisors and coworkers
- Attend educational classes on a monthly or bi-monthly basis for further education
- Unload pallets and stock shelves
- Keep up with basic weekly store maintenance duties: cleaning bathrooms, sweeping, mopping, dusting, creating displays, putting out new pricing, etc.
- Must be willing to drive our company owned Same Day Delivery Vehicle
- A minimum of 45 hours per week
- Close the store at least 3 days per week and work at least three Saturdays per month
- You are expected to maintain sales growth
- For a bonusing store, you must meet the minimum 5% growth to receive a pay increase. This pay increase is built by calculating a bonus of 5.5% of net income once the costs of interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization are added back in and after paying a flat $70,000 to company overhead. This bonus is then added to your annual base pay and calculated out to an hourly rate.
- Mystery Shops and store reviews will be appraised on an individual basis by your regional manager. A Hollywood Feed level of performance is expected.
- Inventory Management:
- Keep inventory correct and items in stock – If you don’t have it, you can’t sell it. Out of stock items will cause suffering in sales growth.
- Orders must be received into inventory when delivered by using the auto-receiving process. If the delivery is overnight, it must be done first thing the next day
- Attend at least 6 cycle counts per year
- Staff Development:
- Ensure that the entire staff maintains Hollywood Feed’s customer service standards.
- Perform bi-annual appraisals in UltiPro. Be honest and thorough. Provide both constructive criticisms and positive feedback related to their individual performance.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork within your store
- Maintain Staff Performance through coaching, communication, rewarding, counseling, and discipline
- Motivate your team
- Uphold and enforce HWF policy and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Schedule and perform monthly store meetings.
- Store Operations
- Make a proper weekly schedule and have it posted in UltiPro at least 7 days prior to the start of the week
- Meet Hollywood Feed standards of business with a clean, organized, and well-kept store
- Create consistent to do lists and follow up on completion
- Search for avenues to reach out into the community by attending or creating events
As a Hollywood Feed store employee, your requirements can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Physically able to lift 40lbs repeatedly up to head height to stock shelves multiple times a day
- Physically able to repeatedly lift and carry 40lbs up to 40 ft in distance multiple times a day
- Physically able to continuously bend, kneel, push, pull, reach, and twist multiple times a day
- Physically able to stand/walk for up to 8-10 hours
- Physically able to climb ladders multiple times a day to put up and access product for customers
- Will need to meet the requirements of our Safe Driving Policy
- Will need to keep open availability and weekend availability (unless other terms are agreed upon at time of hire)
- Effectively operate both independently and as a part of a team
- Learn our point of sale system
- Check out Customer Purchases
- Create Customer Accounts
- Open and Close Registers
- Perform other inventory management duties including inventories and cycle counts
About Hollywood Feed:
In the 1950s, Hollywood Feed opened our first pet supply store on the corner of Hollywood Street and Chelsea Avenue in Memphis, Tennessee. Hollywood Feed is known for friendly and knowledgeable service more than half a century later. We've grown from a single pet store in Memphis to a pet retail presence spanning the country, with new locations opening each year.
We've kept the name Hollywood Feed, despite some confusion, because we want to draw attention to our past and the pet lovers who started the company, the pet lovers who worked tirelessly over the years, and the pet lovers who shopped and continue to shop with us to make the company what it is today.
Please see the Employee Handbook for other job specifications such as Standards of Conduct and Time & Attendance Policies.