The Sales Associate/Management Trainee position is responsible for all sales activities. He or she will own the sale from start to close. A large portion of your work day will consist of communicating with customers, providing information regarding product benefits and ensuring that customers are satisfied with their experience in the store. You will act as the customers’ point of contact and be the face of the company. Thus, you are expected to create and maintain a long-term relationship with the customers in order to achieve sales goals and represent the store in a positive manner while ensuring recurring business. Sales Associates are responsible for selling products, services and assisting customers with their product needs. You are expected to provide an exemplary customer experience at all times by asking the customer questions to determine their needs and engaging the customer with your product knowledge, suggestive selling items for the customer’s immediate needs and recommending additional items and/or services that will complement the customers’ vehicle or driving experience. The successful candidate will be able to elevate company standards, achieve sales goals and meet customers’ expectations. To excel in this role, you will need excellent customer service skills, effective communication skills, sales oriented, enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service. We provide comprehensive training on company guidelines, policies, customer service and ample product knowledge.
- The ability to spend a considerable amount of time standing and walking throughout a workday
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Customer service focus
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Work 6 days a week
- Work a minimum of 52 hours a week
- Maintain a presentable and well-dressed appearance
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Assess customers’ needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Maintain in-stock and presentable condition assigned areas
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
- Greeting customers with a positive demeanor
- Responsible for stocking merchandise, moving stock and retrieving merchandise from store shelves.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Keeping the work environment neat and clean.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to organize and prioritize with strong attention to details
- Participating in periodic team meetings
- Other duties can and will arise and you should be prepared to take on these challenges openly.
Disclaimer:Although the Company has attempted to accurately and thoroughly describe this position, the Company reserves the right to change the same, including to change, add or subtract from the duties outlined, within the sole discretion of the Company, at any time, with or without advance notice.
Employee Acknowledgement:I have read the above Job Description and feel confident that I can and will perform my job as stated. I also understand that I am required to work with my supervisor toward making this Job Description to have better understanding and clarity so that I may perform my job easier and more efficient. I additionally understand and agree to sign a Non-Compete Agreement, which will be provided to me under a separate written understanding and acknowledgement.
Company Philosophy and Employee Goal:We are people driven. Our number one goal is customer satisfaction. “You take care of the customer and the customer takes care of you.”