Our Customers come to us to fulfill a need, complete a project on their boat, or gather items for a great day on the water. As a Sales Associate, Customers rely on you for product knowledge and to understand the features, values and benefits of our products. You are comfortable engaging in Customer discussions to fulfill their immediate needs while shopping, as well as recommend additional items or services that will complement their boating experience. You and your team are key to ensuring they leave with the right products to make that happen. Each interaction with a West Marine Customer is an opportunity for you to exceed expectations and ensure they remain a loyal Customer.
- Keen interest in providing great Customer interactions and service, while sharing knowledge and passion about West Marine products.
- Ability to process a wide variety of transactions to help Customers seamlessly complete their purchases.
- Strong communication skills, comfortable in small groups and in individual interactions to solve problems.
- A passion for boating or for life on and around the water.
- Available to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Ability to lift and mobilize items weighing 40 pounds to shoulder height, unassisted.
Why West Marine?
We take care of our Customers, we take care of each other and we value our local communities. These founding principles were just as important to our mission statement 50 years ago when we began, as they are today. We are enthusiastic about serving boaters where they live, where they boat and, in our local communities.
We offer competitive benefits, including:
- Healthcare coverage for full-time Associates
- Generous merchandise discounts
- Paid time off
- Growth and development opportunities
Our goal for our Customers and Associates is to be the best boating supply company in the country and we do this by living our values. Our values are built around superior Customer service, being trustworthy, transparent, supportive and collaborative. Come join our team!