Who we are
Bluegrass Book Buyers is a national benefit corporation that has been helping students save money on their textbooks for over 10 years. The books we purchase are resold as discount books to students and organizations in the United States, as well as donated overseas to non profit organizations through the International Book Project.
What we do
Our textbooks buyers travel to universities in their area to purchase textbooks from college professors. Our job is unique because instead of selling a product or a service, we are giving people money for the books they no longer want or need. We provide all materials and even capital to purchase every book. It is incredibly simple and involves building relationships through cold calling and setting appointments. Our reps enjoy the flexibility of creating their own work schedule while earning the highest commission rate in the industry.
UP to $19,200 - Base (Stipend)
$50,000 - $75,000 in commission annually
- Good physical health and energy
- Ability to walk 3-4 miles per day with ease
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds for short periods of time
- A reliable automobile and valid U.S. drivers license
- A strong and resilient work ethic
- Self motivation
- Excellent communication skills
- Past experience in sales is a BIG plus
- Must be willing to travel for work
- Industry high commission rates
- Interest-free start up capital
- Travel stipends
- Production bonuses
- Company trip incentives
- Advanced sales training
- Academic schedule - no nights or weekends
- Up to 6-8 weeks vacation time
- Amazing people to work with
Candidates with previous pharmaceutical/medical sales experience strongly encouraged to apply.
After your application, expect a call from an 859 or 312 number. We are hiring across the United States but have two centralized hiring teams.
Base pay plus commission