FTI Flow Technology, Inc.
Sales Business Development Manager
Flow Technology, a subsidiary of Roper Technologies (ROP), is a market leader in the supply of custom engineered flow & pressure sensors to the Aerospace, Subsea Oil and Gas, Automotive and Industrial market segments. Flow Technology is an engineering driven organization that prides itself on supplying high quality products to major worldwide customers. Recently, Flow Technology introduced a range of innovative ultrasonic flow meters that have a broad market appeal and we are now searching for an individual that can:
- Create and communicate a vision that he/she passionately believes in that results in systematically building market share in targeted markets;
- Drive direct sales of this product line into new market segments through the identification and effective penetration of targeted customers;
- Create an evolving product roadmap that progressively enables Flow Technology to break into additional applications/market segments; and
- Effectively create and communicate the differentiation message both internally and externally.
Flow Technology is a lean and autonomous organization, where individuals throughout the organization take personal responsibility, ownership and initiative for driving continued success of the business.
The successful candidate will have a proven direct sales track record, experience of developing new markets, have high energy, an appetite for missionary work and can “hit the street running” by leveraging existing contacts and experiences. Essentially, given the products broad market applicability, Flow Technology is not necessarily fixated on one specific market segment, rather we are looking to play to the candidate’s strengths by giving the candidate freedom to explore known markets/segments. That said, today Flow Technology is focusing on large industrial water purification sampling systems (boiler control) & chemical injection applications. We have plans to move into the biotech/pharmaceutical markets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds sales by locating, developing, defining, and closing business
- Discovers and explores new business opportunities
- Develops and implements strategic and tactical plans
- Identifies & defines new product requirements
- Provides monthly sales forecasts
- Is accountable for delivering the agreed upon metrics
- Assists in the development of marketing collateral
- Minimum of 50% travel (domestic)required
- Other duties may be assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and have:
- High energy, positive outlook & professionalism
- Excellent communications and closing skills
- High motivation for direct sales
- Established, deep market knowledge and contacts within targeted application areas
- Proven sales planning skills
- Proven solution selling skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Be fully proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing or technical field required; Masters degree preferred
- Knowledge of industrial end markets. For example: Industrial water purification systems (boiler control), pharmaceutical, biotech, agricultural.
- 5 - 7 years of sales/marketing experience within relevant industries
- Process control or instrumentation experience required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, walk, speak, hear and have the ability to lift up to 15 lbs. Extensive travel is required equivalent to 50%, or greater, of the assigned work schedule.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- A fun environment where work-life balance is valued
- Competitive salary
- Generous bonus plan
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Competitive benefits package
- Healthy snacks
- Attractive paid time off policy
Flow Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status. All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. This organization uses E-Verify.
Business Development Manager