Sales - Business Insurance Producer/Agent
As a growing company, The Snyder Companies provides their employees with a great work environment, competitive wages (includes a strong draw and excellent incentive package) and benefits in addition to opportunities for continuing development, growth and advancement.
The Snyder Companies, a family owned and operated business founded in 1906, seeks a full-time Property and Casualty Agent/Producer (or those with proven sales experience and abilities in other fields) to help us continue to increase our already enviable Central Illinois book of business and market presence.
Please see the more complete description of this position below.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Job Title: Sales - Business Insurance Producer/Agent
Department: Bloomington, Decatur, Springfield, Champaign or Peoria Branch
Reports To: Sales Manager
Producers are responsible for the sales and solicitation of new business, as well as maintaining high levels of retention on existing business.
- Build a prospect and client base through phone and mail solicitation, networking opportunities, referrals, current relationships, community involvement, special interests, etc.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with prospects, customers and insurance carriers.
- Determine prospect’s and client’s needs through fact-finding opportunities.
- Complete accurate and complete applications and underwriting information for potential carriers.
- Present well-prepared and professional proposals to prospects and current customers
- Continuously educate prospects and customers on their insurance needs and concerns
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary
- Must be able to seize selling opportunities
- Must be able to work independently and also as part of a team
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task and have excellent organizational skills
- Must be dependable
- Must be willing to go over and above for both customers and co-workers
Strong communication skills. Skills should include the ability to deal effectively with vastly diverse groups of people and clients.
Required: High School Diploma
Preferred: College Degree
Required: Knowledge of MicroSoft Products. Must have the ability to navigate a variety of carrier
Websites. Must have the ability to navigate agency management system (Applied Epic).
Required: Previous Sales Experience or Commercial Insurance Knowledge
Preferred: Previous Commercial Insurance Sales Experience
Licenses or Certificates:
Required: Must hold an Illinois Property and Casualty Insurance License or be able to acquire one in 1st month of employment.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Manual dexterity of hands in order to manipulate keyboard and office equipment
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about