The Sales and Business Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of Veterans Business Supply, Inc. (VBS™) (www.vbs.vet) an online retailer and a Massachusetts Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Enterprise (SBVOBE) and a U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). The company’s focus is to leverage its small business designations with state and Federal agencies and Federal prime contractors.
The qualified candidate selected for this position will be responsible for assisting to develop and implement a strategic marketing and sales plan for the sale of online office, commercial and industrial supplies and related products to primarily the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and Federal government agencies.
Additional responsibilities include establishing distribution-preferred vendor contractual relationships with various OEM and wholesalers to confirm product line availability for resale, as well direct sales responsibilities. The individual selected for this position must possess excellent communication skills, work well in a team environment and be someone who is responsible, proactive, and adaptable to varying work environments. Website development and maintenance experience a plus.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or sales.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Massachusetts to include marketing and business development, business management and all aspects of product sales.
- Experience in sales to Federal, state and local government agencies.
- Experience in preparing quotations and request for quotations from Federal agencies and other corporate companies.
- Experience selling office products, furniture and the various product categories found on the VBS website.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check.
- Experience with GSA contract schedules preferred.
- Qualified military veterans are strongly encouraged to apply and receive preferential consideration.
- Assist to develop and implements a marketing and business development strategy for VBS.
- Conducts market research to identify sales opportunities, customers and competitors.
- Establishes distribution-preferred vendor contractual relationships with OEM and wholesalers to provide product availability to potential VBS customers.
- Establishes internal policies and procedures for product procurement, purchasing and processing of ordered product.
- Conducts all aspects of sales, outreach and interfaces with potential customers to sell VBS products.
- Prepares and submits quotations and request for quotations for competitive bidding or sole source award opportunities.
This position is based in Stoneham, MA and may include some travel on a short-term basis primarily in the Northeastern United States.
About the Firm
Veterans Business Supply, Inc. is an online retailer of office, commercial and industrial products. The company is a Veteran Friendly and Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.vbs.vet.
To submit your resume for consideration, please email your resume to: email@example.com or mail it:
Veterans Business Supply, Inc.
105 Central Street, Suite 4100
Stoneham, MA 02180-1260
When submitting your resume, please include base salary expectations and cite reference code VBS Sales and Business Manager - 2020.
A sales commission will be offered for high performance as part of the base compensation package.