Located at the beginning of the world-famous Art Deco District and steps away from the beautiful Atlantic Ocean, the hotel's sanctuary ambiance and secluded enclosures are a world away. A hotspot for insiders, Kimpton Angler's Hotel South Beach is a closely guarded secret that's exclusive, hip, and brimming with social cache.
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: We're looking for a go-getter who can seamlessly integrate in our world, is eager to learn about the business and can efficiently support the needs of our departments. We are looking for someone who has a great attention to detail, takes initiative and enjoys the challenges of working in a fast-paced office environment.
* Manage calendars and proactively organize time as required using expert judgment and discretion.
* Arrange ongoing/recurring as well as ad hoc meetings and conference calls.
* Schedule conference rooms, set up audio visual or on-line meeting tools, order meals if needed and overall event coordination.
* Coordinate and ensure meeting logistics are in place.
* Create systems to help manage priority issues and timely deadlines through email management and support or other practices.
* Refer or delegate business issues or questions to others for resolution on behalf of team. Follow up to ensure issue or question resolution.
* Track action items using a follow-up system, tool or process, communicate and report on status.
* Manage travel arrangements, including booking air or ground transportation, hotel accommodations, providing travel support as needed including adjustments to itineraries, shipping of materials and other on-the-fly needs.
* Compose, proofread, edit and format written correspondence, agendas, and documents.
* Manage and process invoices and purchase orders through Kimpton's JDE accounting system; follow through on all invoices to ensure approvals and checks are cut in a timely manner, and supporting monthly team budget reconciliation processes as necessary.
* Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis, including managing and tracking projects.
* Assist with creation of vendor contracts and distributing final contracts to involved parties.
* Prepare and manage expense reports
* Perform general office duties such as greeting scheduled visitors, ordering supplies, shipping, mail distribution, answering phones, filing, copying, faxing, and more.
* Perform daily office duties including answering phones, proposals, contracts, filing, faxing, copying, create files, process gift certificates and mail.
* Take messages, address and follow up on customer requests, promptly forward leads/inquiries to the appropriate salesperson.
* Effectively execute and maintain the sales process through handling of site tours and inquiry calls.
* Assist the team in organizing tradeshows and sending collateral to customers.
* Attend and take notes during catering and private dining meetings as requested.
* Maintain orderly inventory of collateral and giveaway items, order office supplies.
* Handle walk-ins and in-house customer requests as needed, book and coordinate smaller events.
* Distribute weekly and daily BEO Packet and other appropriate weekly communications to operations team, secure payment for events, and conduct weekly reporting.
* Create a daily reader board and door signage for events.
* Review bills and send event follow-up correspondence/evaluations.
* Participate in client prospecting and networking, as requested by Director of Sales.
Specific experience we're seeking:
* Minimum of 2-3yrs years administrative assistant experience. Preferably supporting more than one person.
* Has demonstrated an ability to build long standing professional relationships.
* Expert at managing email and conducting research online and presenting in an organized fashion.
* Must have advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as working knowledge with specific applications such as payroll, HR systems and SharePoint.
* Ability to quickly reprioritize, shift gears quickly to react to an ever changing environment.
* Comfort with ambiguity at times and can think on your feet. Proactive and resourceful in solving problems.
* Strong follow-up skills are essential.
* Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
* Must have ability to follow-through on completion of tasks and responsibilities with a high degree of quality control; ability to manage up to supervisors
* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
* Must be fun and professional and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Bachelors or Associates degree preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).