The World Equestrian Center - Ocala located is seeking to add an experienced Sales and Catering Manager to their dynamic team.
The Sales & Catering Manager is responsible for selling SMERF, Government, and Association markets. Duties may also include planning, detailing, finalizing meeting agendas, generating banquet event orders, managing accounts, conducting site inspections, soliciting and generating new and repeat business. Responsibilities also include working with operations staff to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for achieving established revenue goals
- Completes sales reports, monthly reports for Executive Team
- Responsible for the generation and completion of mailing lists, BEO, contracts, filing, etc
- Ensure that all event agreements are done in compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Responsible to work within the budgetary guidelines of all F&B menus and pricing structure and/or review with General Manager for pricing that falls outside of those guidelines
- Notifies all departments of each function and any changes made after the initial BEO is produced
- Stay’s focused on all sales objectives to ensure that the sales efforts are producing the annual sales revenues
- Ensure that client is greeted prior to each event/function
- Assist with event billing and invoicing when requested
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position
- Associate must be able to sit in the same position for up to 8 hours a day consecutively
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Associate is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Associate must talk and hear
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years sales experience required, preferably in a meetings/events capacity
- Strong organization and presentation skills
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks
- Must be outgoing and a proven self-starter
- Weekends and Holidays may be required as business needs warrant
The World Equestrian Center - Ocala is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.