Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Sales Center Leader is responsible for leading the execution of all shipping and sales center daily operations as well as activities that contribute to the creation of a world class sales center through continuous improvement. This position will oversee a team of hourly associates who will receive and ship products daily. The Sales Center Leader will be responsible for interacting daily with hourly associates, lead persons, sales managers, and region managers. The main focus points will be internal customer service, safety, compliance to world class standards, accountability and productivity.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage day to day shipping activities at the sales center to include the validation of inbound shipments, overages or shortages, and inventory.
- Initiate and drive effective communication to the supplying plants/DCs as well as the area managers regarding product inventory issues, product quality, shipping/delivery schedules, and equipment issues.
- Drive capability and accountability for meeting key performance targets; execute procedures and programs to increase productivity, effectiveness, and quality of work.
- Ensure proper scheduling of shipping staff to appropriately manage labor hours against the needs of the business.
- Direct, monitor, and measure the activities of hourly associates, focusing on improvements in fill rate, accuracy, and quality.
- Hold sales center associates accountable for compliance to the product and equipment accountability procedures to reduce loss and waste as well as develop action plans to address any identified loss or waste.
- Engage and develop core competencies in sales center associates through training, coaching, mentoring, and consistent performance feedback.
- Foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement to include the development of self, others, and work processes.
- Responsible for the recruiting and hiring process of sales shipping associates.
- Support “Superior Quality Always” by maintaining and enforcing BBU Food Safety and internal audit standards to ensure a secure and food safe environment.
- Achieve the sales center safety goals; deliver on safety awareness programs accordingly to eliminate unsafe acts, eliminate workplace injuries, and lead local organization to achieve the goal of zero injuries and maintain and enforce BBU Food Safety and internal audit standards.
- Perform special projects and assignments as requested by Leadership.
- Additional duties as assigned.