The Sales Consultant I provides world class customer service to our external life agents across the US. This Associate will provide technical support activities include illustration and application assistance. Sales support activities including basic product information, supporting marketing campaigns, communicating product and program changes, production information, and technical computer application assistance. The position reports to the Agent Support Team (AST) Manager and supports all efforts relating to the AST function.
• Field incoming calls from AAA Life agents across the country.
• Drive results and raise awareness of AAA Life’s products.
• Develop a deep understanding of the sales process, the life insurance industry and best practices in field sales.
• Support broader corporate initiatives; participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
• Maintain and update the Learning Management System and the Lifeline databases by tracking new hires and terminations and running comparisons.
• Manually create in-force illustrations as needed.
• Consistently maintain top levels of activity.
• Document each call and correspondence and identify trends in field feedback.
• Assist field agents with password resets and level 1 technical inquiries.
• Participate in continuous training.
• Assist in proactively identifying sales opportunities by promoting the use of various sales concepts and marketing material that lead to suitable sales.
• Ensure that all support is in compliance with Company policy and state insurance department rules and regulations. Assists in implementing and enforces market conduct standards.
• Work withRegional Sales Consultants to generate new business and increase Agent Sold sales.
• Special projects as requested by management.
• Achieves Results/Has Bias for Action - Achieves stretch results. Strong bias for action with sense of urgency and high energy. Practices collaborative working environment to achieve more.
• Customer Focus - Has ability to look from customer’s view. Viewed as business partner by external and internal customers. Anticipates customer needs to ensure no barriers to doing business.
• Uses Effective Communication Skills - Candid, clear and concise in communication. Effectively matches style, tone and method to audience. Connects with intended audience. Manages communication and feedback within the organization. Strong phone skills, both service and sales.
• Displays Team Orientation - Works collaboratively to achieve organization’s success.
• Technical/Professional Skills - Ability to provide basic technical assistance and triage complex issues for the technical analyst. Strives to stay ahead of technical/professional expertise, is proactive and inspires others to stay current in areas of technical expertise.
• 2 year College Degree in Finance, Business or Economics
• 1-2 years’ Life Insurance industry experience (sales experience or strong life insurance sales support and training)
• Knowledge of life and annuity salespreferred
• Obtain an active life insurance license within 3 months of hire
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Strong communication skills verbal and written
• Ability to provide strong customer service
• Possesses some technology knowledge of insurance system applications and data
• Works well in a team environment
• Demonstrates proactive skills
• Willingness to work extended hours and weekends, if required
• Team player and selfstarter, highly motivated, and results driven
• Ability to effectively function in a fast-paced team environment
• Demonstrates a high level of independence and creativity, and looks for opportunities to initiate and follow through on new projects and opportunities
• Strong organizational and follow-up abilities
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced challenging environment