The Sales Coordinator provides administrative and general support to the sales team in a variety of activities; acts as the primary contact for all meeting and banquet related function.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assists sales team in creating strong, effective, personable and professional communications with prospective and returning hotel clients.
• Answer incoming calls and assist with reservations, confirmations, room need requests and questions within the group sales office.
• Work in conjunction with Director of Sales to ensure all group blocks are detailed accordingly with client
• Enter all group rooming list and verify for accuracy
• Correspond with group contacts in regards to making and changing reservations
• Explain hotel products, service and other information about the hotel as requested.
• Sell, process, enter and confirm room reservations using selling techniques and strategies.
• Greet guests warmly and perform registration procedures.
• Verify payment for stay including any incidental cost by obtaining credit information.
• Assist guest with issues and complaints, with empathy and a focus on guest satisfaction. (the use of supervisory support when necessary).
• Post charges to guest accounts as designated.
• Facilitate guest departures providing accurate statements and ensuring guest satisfaction and collecting all payments due.
• Prepares correspondence such as customer appreciation letters, group proposals and contracts and helping to facilitate promotions.
• Other responsibilities include ensuring that the sales team meets its targets, liaising with individual customers and groups for detailed feedback on the hotel's facilities, and analyzing sales statistics to provide accurate reports for sales and catering directors.
• Office organization including maintaining online and paper filing systems.
• Lead Management: Screens incoming leads, logs, and distributes to appropriate team member(s).
• Orders and maintains supplies for sales department and other departments when required.
• Displays expert communication skills both in person and on the phone as well as a friendly and professional attitude when speaking with clients as representatives of the hotel company.
• Conducts hotel site tours and participate in sales events when needed.
• Performs special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
• Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
• Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures.
• Any other tasks/duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work related experience; the ideal Sales and Service Coordinator must have:
• High school diploma or GED required
• Two or more years of administrative or equivalent experience.
• Experience in the hospitality industry and knowledge of common industry terms and practices preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook and familiarity with ISAC booking system preferred.
• Preferred experience with major brands such as Marriott or Starwood.
• Familiar with Social Media and comfortable updating them as requested.
Skills and Abilities
• Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office.
• Ability to handle multi-line telephone systems and individual call functions such as hold, forward, and conference.
• Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management.
• Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities.
• Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.