OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. They’re looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (let’s call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in today’s new era, it’s all about relationships. More and more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers’ needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo and author of the best selling book Subscribed).
Our Business Development team is at the forefront of the sales process, driving growth across our Field Sales organization and supporting our Account Executives by sourcing net new deals. Sales Development Representatives aka “ZBRs” as we call them, go way beyond making cold calls and sending out standardized emails—they are the experts in the Subscription Economy and know how to connect with the right prospects. With the partnership of our Marketing team, ZBRs are equipped with C-level messaging to help cut through the noise and generate interest from some of the most innovative and transformational companies in the world. The best part? There’s no better way to grow your sales career than by mastering the sale of a complex product, across multiple industries and to different functions within the executive team. Our ZEO culture empowers ZBRs to explore their career paths across different functions - Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Sales Enablement to name a few!
As a ZBR, you are a master of building pipeline (Sales Qualified Leads) within your geography and market segments. You creatively leverage emails, calls, and social selling tools to help customers master their subscription experience and digital transformations. You love customer conversations, evangelizing brands, and are passionate about helping the B2B/B2C business move to subscription-based pricing models.
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel Zuora’s Pipeline and Growth.
- Collaborate with and leverage teammates (Sales Management and Account Executives) to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities.
- Utilize industry knowledge to research & develop accounts, identify key players, generate interest, and identify compelling events.
- Outbound prospect to companies via cold calling, email, marketing campaigns, social selling.
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Zuora’s product suite.
- Manage, track, and report on all activities and results using Salesforce.
- Exceed monthly/quarterly quotas for Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs).
- Enjoy conducting high-level discovery and educational conversations with Senior Executives (C-Level, VP/Director) in Target Accounts.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Interest in a career in Sales, or in Sales Leadership
- Positive and energetic, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills 1+ years of experience in Sales Development, Operations, Sales, and/or Finance preferred
- Team Player ; excited to work in a high-energy and collaborative environment
- Cold-calling experience preferred
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible achievements
- Passionate about technology, business, and winning
- Proficient in using Salesforce and LinkedIn preferred
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.