The Sales Director manages an effective sales team responsible for guiding customers through event experiences, providing solutions that meet their goals and objectives to result in a compelling event experience. Creates and implements effective strategies for revenue growth and customer satisfaction, ensuring team achievement of established targets. Utilizes all available tools to ensure maximum event and revenue capture from assigned customer base. Cultivates and maintains relationships with key hotel personnel to enhance the overall business relationship with hotel. Serves as a resource in large, high-end event production in venue location/region and support team as needed with guidance and training. Lead and support Company initiatives, business strategies and Core Values. This position supervises the Sales Coordinator, Sales Manager, and Sr. Sales Manager and reports to the Director, Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Drive Results by establishing sales objectives through forecasting and developing quotas for all team members.
- Maximize revenue opportunity for assigned customers by creating effective strategies for per-event revenue growth, including upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Assist with creating high-end, large event, advanced technology solutions for PSAV’s existing and potential customers.
- Assist with preparing and delivering compelling presentations that convey the value of PSAV and effectively solve customer challenges.
- Attend site visits, pre-conference planning meetings, and appropriate venue meetings as necessary to support the customer event experience.
- Effectively collaborate with vendors and other departments/divisions of the company to capture and service events.
- Understand event cost structure and incorporate into solution designs according to established profitability guidelines.
- Deliver World-Class Service by cultivating and maintaining relationships with customers, venue personnel and various PSAV supporting functions and departments.
- Thoroughly research and understand customer history and previous experiences, in order to create more personalized customer experiences.
- Value People by attending customer meetings, understanding their goals and responding to their questions, concerns, and challenges.
- Actively refer and guide customers through the PSAV network, leveraging your contact to secure additional opportunities with existing customers.
- Hold sales team accountable to maintaining a healthy pipeline at all times that ensures achievement of established revenue targets.
- Ensure all known opportunities are in CRM and completely accurate and updated at all times.
- See the Big Picture by leading the sales forecasting efforts at home location(s), ensuring they are accurate and submitted timely.
- Learn, adopt and train team on all SOPs related to the role and any new initiatives/programs that are implemented; ensure full team compliance with established SOPs.
- Maintain knowledge of new product/service offerings and emerging technology supporting meetings and events; ensure team members are appropriately trained and competent/confident on available solutions.
- Create and present information and reports, as needed, to senior management related to performance, pipeline, forecasting, etc.
- Effectively manage the performance of the sales team, and direct work and tasks towards achieving the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Value People by promoting a culture of high performance, accountability and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Motivate and energize team members to make proactive decisions in all communications with customers.
- Address employee concerns or conflict, maintain adequate staffing levels, and facilitate team development and sales mentorship.
- Serve as the resident expert on the team, providing guidance and support to other team members for large events.
- Ensure the team receives and participates in all relevant sales training and participates in any regional or national sales communication programs.
- Business & Financial Acumen
- Results Orientation
- Change Management
- Concern for Quality
- Building Teamwork
- BS/BA or 3+ years of PSAV or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 3+ years of sales experience required
- Prior sales experience in audiovisual, technology or hospitality experience preferred
- Knowledge of sales process required in addition to the ability to read and decipher financial reports and records
- Minimum of 1 year of supervision or leadership experience required
- Technical aptitude, computer proficiency and CRM knowledge required; prefer CAD and Oracle knowledge
- Superior communication and presentation skills
Competencies (by Core Values)
- Builds Effective Teams
- Organizational Savvy
- Manages Conflict
- Develops Talent
- Drives Engagement
- Drives Vision and Purpose
- Ensures Accountability
- Drives Quality Results
- Directs Work
Team members must be able to meet the physical demands below in order to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency options consist of: Continuously, Frequently, Occasionally and Never.
Hours Per Day
Lifting 0 - 15 lbs*
Lifting 16 50 lbs*
Lifting 51 - 100 lbs
Lifting Over 100 lbs
Carrying 0 - 15 lbs*
Reaching (above your head)
Carrying 16 50 lbs*
Carrying 51 - 100 lbs
Carrying Over 100 lbs
Pushing/Pulling 0 - 15 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 16 50 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 51 - 100 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling Over 100 lbs
*Identifies the physical requirements that team members perform without assistance.
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.