At Beazer, we build homes. We also build careers. Driven by a purpose to create durable and growing value, the team behind each home across the country is diverse, ambitious, and dedicated. Together, we shape an environment that encourages learning and community engagement, provides opportunities for advancement, and aligns compensation with performance.
We look for those who believe in the power of choice, teamwork, improvement, openness, and urgency; who approach their work with an attitude of focus, grit, and accountability; and who will be guided by the principles of safety, integrity, respect, and fun.
This position is primarily responsible for driving and achieving the division sales goals by implementing company strategy, while developing and leading a sales team to ensure high levels of performance and success through established policies and procedures.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire and develop an A+ sales team to meet division goals. Provide ongoing coaching through leadership, encouragement and constructive feedback.
- Manages sales effort to meet/exceed business plan.
- Tours Beazer and competition’s subdivisions; views new projects and product lines.
- Develops and implements sales strategies and sets/updates pricing to be competitive in market.
- Responsible for controlling pricing and incentive costs to ensure sales are at highest absorption while maintaining profits.
- Monitors lot mix, phasing, new starts, lot premiums, specifications and promotions.
- Analyze sales performance and costs through various sales reports.
- Oversee the review of all contract documents and pricing to ensure accuracy, and approve all contracts and change orders submitted by New Homes Counselors.
- Reviews advertising strategy and provides input to Sales Dept Head and/or Regional Marketing Manager.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in residential sales, sales management and or real estate related industries.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to inspire and grow sales teams through coaching and productive feedback.
- Possess and exercise mature judgement.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum software skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Work in typical office environment.
- Position requires driving to construction sites where temperature, weather and noise may vary; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee’s job duties may change at any time, in the company’s sole discretion. #LI-POST #LI-JL1