Sales Director, Sports Flooring
- Reporting to the General Manager, the Sales Director - Sports Flooring has the opportunity to join a highly successful, building products manufacturer. This highly respected industry leader boasts a winning culture that successfully and profitably serves three distinct markets.
- With the vision to drive profitable growth, and the charismatic and inspiring leadership abilities to develop a great team into the future, this role represents an ideal career growth opportunity for a leader and winner in business to business sales.
- This role in will require an individual to build relationships with distributors and end users.
- The ideal candidate is an assertive hunter that is innovative, motivated with excellent communication skills and LOVES closing deals!
- In this key role, the Sales Director - Sports Flooring will drive various growth opportunities based on strategic and project account management in select markets, which include, but are not limited to, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Kentucky (the Territory).
- He/she will have interactions with executive management, as well as, business and functional leaders. Responsible for assisting in the development of the sales strategy while creating and sustaining an exciting, high-performance work environment that inspires and motivates sales success.
- The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, energetic and engaging individual who is a high achiever and who can lead and inspire others to help the company achieve its long-term goals and objectives. Humility, flexibility and an even temperament are a must to lead a high-performing, high-achieving sales team to the next level.
Roles & Responsibilities
- A successful candidate will bring to the opportunity a book of business in sports flooring that will allow them to close business for the company in the first three months they are employed.
- Assist the General Manager in the development of a strategic business plan with specific strategies to grow market segments, and customer types that also aligns with the short- and long-term company goals.
- This is an individual contributor role. The expectation is that the role will actively be in front of customers closing business. This person can live anywhere within the territory. Strong communication/trust with the General Manager is a must.
- Standardize and document all sales processes and procedures and continually improve them to maximize efficiency and customer service.
- Utilize sales KPIs and scorecard metrics to manage the sales to continually hit their targets.
- Design and present annually to the General Manager a pricing strategy program that will help the company achieve its yearly, quarterly and monthly sales and profitability goals.
- Design and implement programs to achieve specific sales objectives such as:
- Increase win ratio per account
- Documented increase in customer retention
- Documented increase in customer face time/Zoom time
- Work constructively with the General Manager on a daily basis to ensure alignment with the sales and production departments forecasting staffing needs, equipment or material demands so as to meet customer expectations more effectively.
- Goals: Grow revenue from $0 to $1 million in first year and to $2 million to $3 million by the end of year year two.
- Identify emerging markets and potential expansion markets to increase top-line growth and gross margin percentages.
- Minimum of 4-20 years of sports flooring/astro turf sales experience in B2B selling environment, focused on closing business!
- Results-oriented with a history of proven success in achieving sales goals. The ability to convert customers from stock products to custom offerings.
- A deep understanding of sports flooring products, the competitive landscape, distributors and end-users.
- Financial acumen with track record of ability to forecast, manage pipeline, recognize trends, and proactively advance concerns.
- An assertive personality, high-energy level, resilient character, and ability to lead change.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to lead sellers and positively influence customers.
- Competence with computer software:
- Construction related bidding and take-off software
- MS Office
- Committed to continuous education and sales training through workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Must be a genuinely honest and open person.
- Attention to detail and the ability to stick to game plan.
- Must possess highly developed and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent time management skills to manage high variability in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, creative, and possess strong leadership skills.
- Must maintain a positive can-do, nothing is impossible attitude.