Viking Coca-Cola, a family owned independent bottler and distributor based in St. Cloud, MN is accepting applications for a Sales Director at our corporate office.
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan and manage the effectiveness of all activities of the sales department and to take maximum advantage of all the Home Market Sales potential within the framework of company policies and develop subordinates through continuous coaching efforts.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Projecting and expanding the Home Market to its maximum potential.
- Assisting VP of Sales and Marketing and Marketing Manager to develop programs and procedures for expanding 'take home' channels of business.
- Defining SOP, administering Key Account compliance to CTM and CMA contracts and reporting via CPact and available tools.
- Managing funding correlated to non-compliance and deduct from customer payment as needed.
- Helping develop immediate consumption' occasions within 'take home' channels (i.e. cold vaults within C&P, FLM's within C&P and supermarkets, etc.)
- Studying and implementing ways of developing each account to its maximum potential.
- Ensuring pricing in the market is competitive with primary competitors.
- Making recommendations with financial analysis to justify recommendations.
- Making chain and independent headquarters calls.
- Providing coaching/training, to sales personnel, in setting up new accounts with coolers, display equipment, proper location of beverage departments, etc.
- Maintaining close and effective communications with the Operations Manager and Director - Cold Drink to facilitate cooperation between departments at all levels.
- Managing the ability to conduct space to sales studies and using these studies as a means of expanding space allocations in all merchandisable outlets.
- Conducting and managing weekend sell downs and using these sell downs as a tool for proper stocking of beverage departments.
- Making contacts and sales calls necessary to implement promotions and other sales related activities.
- Keeping the Operations Manager informed of promotional activity or projected volume fluctuations in order to facilitate efficient loading, distribution and merchandising.
- Working with the sales supervisors, accounts managers, distribution managers, distribution supervisors and route merchandisers to see that every member of the team is doing his part in getting maximum sales results.
- Having a working knowledge of the routing structure.
- Keeping route merchandisers informed, through their distribution supervisors, of what sales and promotional programs are available and what follow through will be expected of them.
- Developing and managing incentive programs to be used during special emphasis periods.
- Keeping required reports up to date and submitted on time.
- Helping conduct training sessions to further develop and train people assigned to all segments of the Home Market.
- Keeping management informed of changes, tools, equipment and programs needed to be more effective.
- In conjunction with the sales supervisor, monitoring and projecting manpower and equipment needs in response to changing business conditions.
- Handling any complaints effectively and efficiently.
- Through their sales supervisors, keeping account managers informed well in advance of in-store promotions as to allowance, time period(s) and which product(s)/package(s).
- Keeping abreast of changes taking place in the Future Consumption/Home Market Segment of the total soft drink market.
- Reviewing daily/weekly activity reports submitted by subordinates to determine if performance standards are being met.
- As a part of management, enhancing the image of the company and its products to all employees, customers and consumers.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the position include:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in marketing or related field.
- Requires minimum 5-10 years of experience in developing marketing strategies.
- Knowledge of the beverage industry and products preferred
- A valid class D driver's license is required with satisfactory completion of Motor Vehicle Check according to Vehicle Safety Policy.
We offer competitive compensation with a full benefit package to include: medical, dental, vision insurances, STD, 401k, basic life insurance, optional life insurance, FLEX, optional LTD, vacation, PTO, and paid holidays.
Interested candidate can submit their application online by clickinghereor in person to:
Viking Coca-Cola Bottling
4610 Rusan Street North
St. Cloud, MN 56301