Posting Date: Jan 21, 2020
Primary Location: Americas-United States of America-Florida-Tampa
Job: Wealth Management
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Virtual Advisor provides wealth management services to clients remotely, through a call center model. Employees within this business include Remote Financial Advisors, Client Service Associates, Operations Associates & Risk Officers.
This role is responsible for managing team-based Financial Advisors operating in a call center environment. The Sales Director is expected to drive revenue, increase profit before taxes and manage risk across the business. Job functions also include maintaining a superior and consistent level of client service, developing cohesive teams, providing consistent leadership and assuming accountability for the results of the entire business. It is expected that the Sales Director has a deep understanding of the financial products and services offered to clients and can continue to educate Financial Advisors on best practices. This individual will be a senior leader within this site and is expected to be a culture carrier, focused on personnel management and morale, business ethics and practices and compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
• Has a thorough understanding of the Firm’s products and those of its strategic partners; uses this knowledge to provide resources and direction in order to help drive sales.
• Possesses a strong understanding of the firm’s resources; able to direct the sales force to the right resources in an efficient manner as to make the sales process more efficient.
• Effectively applies product/business knowledge to recruiting efforts; able to “translate” competitor offerings into Morgan Stanley Wealth Management products, and understand and explain how a recruit will be able to continue to help meet their clients’ needs.
• Seeks opportunities to grow business and drive sales by capitalizing on firm initiatives including Digital offerings; focuses on building strong relationships with corporate departments and strategic partners to achieve the marketing efforts of the business.
• Drives corporate marketing initiatives to help increase market share with existing client base.
• Builds an effective team across the site by constantly communicating relevant information on a timely basis and conducting regular meetings.
• Responsible for continual growth within the site through hiring, lateral recruiting and training.
• Leads by example by maintaining a positive morale, a track record of personal growth or reputation for growth, has ethical business practices, and demonstrates a commitment to diversity and respect for others.
• Leads efforts of Sales teams and produces results.
• Participate in development of business strategy and policies.
• Identifies and drives change across the business, in support of broader Wealth Management and/or Digital strategies.
• Identifies key talent in the office, positions and develops that talent, and encourages those individuals to participate in the leadership of the site.
• Leverages the resources of the Firm to achieve the highest level of success.
• Acts as a coach and mentor for all staff in order to help drive results.
• Responsible for sales and financial performance.
• Responsible for providing an exceptional client experience and retention of existing book while acquiring new relationships
• Responsible for regulatory, legal and compliance issues including: Risk management for the business (both in site and across all locations) in regards to monitoring sales, human resources, and legal and regulatory practices.
• Responsible for establishing a core compliance model in offices under supervision.
• Responsible for following supervisory procedures as outlined in the Branch Manager’s Supervisory Manual.
• Partner with Complex Risk Management team for all delegated duties.
• Responsible for the creation of an Annual Supervisory Plan.
• Responsible for effectively communicating the status of performance and issues to the Head of Sales.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 10 or more years of related experience and/or training including demonstrated success managing sales teams, preferably in a call center environment
• Licenses & Registrations: Active Series 7, 8 (or 9 and 10), 66 (or 63 and 65). Other licenses as required for role or by management
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to think critically
• Ability to manage a team
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to interact with senior management team, Financial Advisors, support staff, clients and corporate and field personnel as needed
• Ability to own projects at a site level
• Ability to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines and complete projects