Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Launch Your Career with Lumen!
Be a part of our mission to further human progress through technology. Help us boost innovation and accelerate business as we enable companies to capitalize on emerging technologies of the 4th Industrial Revolution!
We're looking for driven and highly motivated recent grads that have a passion for technology and people to join our February 2021 Sales Engineer class of the College Connect program.
Our Sales Engineer track starts with 12 weeks of immersive training and development that will build your business acumen, sales and product knowledge, professional network, and customer-centric mindset to set you up for success.
Upon successful completion of the class, trainees will transition into a Platform Solutions Support role with a major market; Arizona, California, Colorado, Washington, D.C., Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Washington.
About the SE Academy Experience:
• 2-year development program
• Initial 12 weeks of virtual immersive training, coaching, and development
• Training class dates: February 8 – May 3, 2021 (virtual, work from home)
• Learn technical and sales fundamentals for success from proven sales leaders
• Understand Lumen's AMAZING platform and full product and solutions portfolio to increase overall knowledge for go-to market strategies
• Network with Sales Academy and SE class peers, sales leaders and business executives from all over the organization
• Upon completion of training, transition to a Platform Solutions Support role in one of our major markets in Arizona, California, Colorado, Washington, D.C., Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Washington
• Continued support, development, and coaching in the field
The Main Responsibilities
• Work within the greater sales ecosystem to develop and document customer requirements, solution designs, service configurations, and project scopes of work in support of the delivery of network and IT solutions to business customers.
• Support and assist field Sales Engineering teams to identify and develop additional revenue opportunities.
• Provide general discovery, support, and education to customers and internal Lumen personnel on questions or issues arising from service.
• Research define and document service change requests where needed in support of service modification.
• Work with customer and company personnel to help identify and define technical. problems, determine and design the solution and assist customer in implementing the fix.
• Uncover and define customer solution and business development strategies, including the recommendation and communication of technology roadmaps to business customers.
• Present Lumen capabilities, solution concepts, and technology roadmaps to both internal and external audiences in both formal and informal business settings.
• Participate in marketing and networking events and activities with customer technical and business contacts.
• Provide continuous feedback and recommendations to Sales Engineering leadership on where processes, services, tools, and capabilities can be improved or evolved to ensure ongoing improvement in efficiency and service innovation.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems,Telecom, Networking or similar business technology discipline (preferred).
• Preference for new or recent graduate with less than 2 years of experience.
• Basic understanding of communications, cloud, application, and information technologies and design.
• Strong communication skills with ability to convey business and technology concepts to a wide range of audiences and skillsets
• Comfortable speaking or presenting in an engaging manner to groups of professionals.
• Conveys a sense of urgency, responsiveness and drives issues to completion.
• Ability to show adaptability and resilience.
• Self-motivated, ambitious and passionate individual, who can define impact by examples of customer service, projects or work experience.
• Passion for customer service and desire to understand and introduce new technology to customer base.
• Authorization to work in the US; sponsorship is not available for this program.
• Ability to participate in the training program uninterrupted from Feb 8th - May 3rd, 2021.
What to Expect Next
Sourcing candidates for future opportunities, this requisition is to build a source pool of qualified candidates for our Feburary 2021 Sales Engineer Academy Class. Applicants may need to complete a video interview within 5 days of application.
Requisition #: 233591
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.