Role Summary: Consults with owners, owner’s representatives (consulting engineers), and customers regarding technical matters concerning product application, construction specifications, installation procedures, customer complaints, and other services required to promote the company’s products and maintain the end user’s satisfaction.
As for all employee, this individual is expected to demonstrate our core values: customer commitment, high-performance culture, fleet of foot, innovation, accountability, integrity, respect for others and teamwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs field investigations on an as needed basis of customer complaints when the company’s product fails to meet the customer’s expectations making recommendations as to remedial action required to resolve the source of the dissatisfaction. Recommendations are also made concerning financial settlements on customer’s damage claims.
- Consults with customers (including distributors, contractors, and owner’s personnel) on proper application, assembly and installation of the company’s products. Trains installation personnel in the proper assembly and installation techniques.
- Supports the sales staff.
- Consults with owners and owner’s representatives concerning the proper application of the company products and assists in drafting project specifications incorporating ANSI, AWWA, ISO and other applicable standards. Assists in design of product systems to meet specific project needs incorporating ANSI, AWWA, DIPRA, ISO, Uniform Building Code, Southern Building Code, and other applicable design procedures and codes. This consultation may involve corrosion affects and prevention of the company’s products.
- Meets with owner’s personnel to discuss failures of the company’s products to meet performance expectations and participate in mutual resolutions to achieve the owner’s expectations.
- Consults with various company department heads and advises on service and product shortcomings effecting remedial action as required.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Manager, Sales Engineering.