Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About This Position:
Foursquare’s Platform team takes on the challenges of working with the world’s largest consumer enterprises to leverage Foursquare Places, Foursquare Data Solutions and the power of the Foursquare Pilgrim SDK. We build tools and products that allow employees and clients to derive rich and meaningful insights about the real world.
As a Sales Engineer at Foursquare, you would be responsible for assisting to sell Foursquare’s Developer solutions and grow our client base with a focus on Enterprise clients. You would be a leader at understanding our customers’ and prospects’ needs, landscape of location technologies and use cases and developing the appropriate solution footprint and benefit assessment. This involves performing the necessary needs assessment and analysis to clearly define the business objectives and capabilities, and demonstrating how those requirements are supported using Foursquare’s Platform Products.
- Partner with the Sales team during the sales process to assist in developing account / opportunity strategies, planning and execution
- Utilize strong business acumen & technical ability, including best practices and business processes, to understand and communicate product/technical requirements and solutions strategy to enterprise customers and prospects
- Provide customer specific product demonstrations in support of requirements and business cases
- Complete technical responses to RFPs and RFIs
- Offer guidance on technical aspects of Foursquare’s solution as part of the sales process. Present yourself as a code-native with a “just do it” attitude; although you’re joining a BD team, you’re as technically-minded as any software engineer, where you’re not afraid to open up a terminal to run some curl’s, use your favorite text editor to whip up a script, or even learn a new programming language—all in the name of helping our partners succeed
- Share a deep understanding of APIs, mobile development, and back-end architecture; you understand the tradeoffs that customers’ engineers make every day and can help them make the best decisions
- Help shape the evolution of our solutions by partnering with Account Management, Product Management, Product Marketing and Engineering teams
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role or proven success as a technical subject matter expert.
- 3+ years of relevant experience working with modern technologies, like SQL, Linux, RESTful APIs, mobile, web transport, and cloud platforms
- 3+ years of working within a multi-product, enterprise-focused organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or another technical field
- Strong data analysis skills, and the ability to identify trends, outliers, correlations and reconciliation needs across large data sets
- Drive to keep current with technology trends and understand the competitive landscape
- Passion for technology and a love for working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deliver and communicate technical topics to a business audience, and vice versa
- Ability to work independently, while managing multiple accounts and projects simultaneously; you are able to juggle many tasks at the same time, while prioritizing and having a sense of urgency
- Intellectual curiosity, great problem-solving skills and passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to travel as required, approximately 20% of the time
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and the products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.