Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
The Sales Engineer is the technical lead on the account team, responsible for technical and business requirements, discovery, proposal preparation support and technical presentations to customers for Lightpath’s full suite of products and solutions. Serves as team’s technical lead for: Dark Fiber, Optical Transport, Ethernet, Internet, Voice and Managed Services. The sales engineer is also responsible for providing technical training for the sales force.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or a related field and/or 3-5 years of equivalent experience in sales engineering, systems engineering (networking services, telephony, IP networking equipment), and/or sales
- Strong knowledge of internetworking designs and their applications, to include IP subnetting and complex routing techniques on LAN/WAN networks, IP Telephony, Security, network diversity applications and other technical skills documented above
- Consultative selling and customer questioning techniques in order identify new opportunities, sell within in existing accounts and maintain the role of trusted advisor to both the customer and sales team
- Industry leading certifications preferred (Cisco, Juniper and others)
- Effective presentation, analytical, communications and customer relationship skills
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Familiarity with CRM tools (ie Salesforce) and GIS Mapping Tools (ie Google Earth)
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects and associated deliverables. Time management skills are a critical requirement
- Ability to articulate highly technical information to a non-technical staff and customer
- Extensive knowledge of the Internet Sales environment