Terra Universal, a leading U.S. manufacturer of critical environment solutions and distributor of lab equipment and analytical instrumentation, with over 40 years of design and fabrication experience in cleanroom and laboratory environments, seeks a full-time Sales Associate.
This is a business to business inside sales and product specialist position. The Sales Associate develops and manages relationships with our clients and prospects. The individual is responsible for closing sales leads, supporting the sales staff in handling new inquiries, following up on orders, and prospecting and developing sales toward new clients in the life science, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semi-conductor, aerospace, construction and academic sectors.
General Job Duties:
- Ensure client retention via responsive and proactive account management support
- Develop knowledge and thorough understanding of all products and services, and apply knowledge to provide appropriate recommendations/solutions that meets client's business requirements.
- Establish and maintain executive level relationships in major functional areas of the customer organization. Utilize the relationships to develop strong revenue growth initiatives.
Specific Job Duties:
- Manage renewal sales process for existing customer base, including setting of expectations, changing needs assessments, negotiating contracts and processing of contracts via relevant internal systems
- Follow up on all inbound client inquiries to uncover new and expanding sales opportunities.
- Maintain consistent and ongoing contact with end-users and decision makers.
- Provide ongoing product feedback from clients to Sales Manager and Product Managers
- Maintain awareness of, and participate in, all relevant training for new products and capabilities and market them to account base
- Bachelors of Science (in any field) and 5 - 10 years of Business to Business Sales
- Prior technical sales or product development experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent English
- Ability to perform simple calculations
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Basic skills with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must pass a background and medical check
- Must have right-to-work in the U.S.
- Ability to represent and communicate with a diverse population.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Basic skill in negotiating with clients
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Team player who works collaboratively with colleagues and management