About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Job Title: Sales Instructional Designer & Trainer
Reports To: Sales Training Manager
As part of the sales training team, the Sales Trainer will participate in the development of sales training strategies and tactics aligned with the needs of the ImmunoDiagnostics Division of the Specialty Diagnostics Group of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Train sales force personnel through home office and field basedfield-basedtrainings followed up by field co-travels with sales representatives.
- Design, develop and implement national and area sales training activities; working with external training agencies, and marketing and sales teams to provide the best possible trainings
- Develop effective and ongoing communications with field sales and marketing management to help understand the sales training needs of field sales representatives and to develop specific sales training objectives and strategies to meet these needs.
- Lead the Training Needs Analysis and InstructionalDesign efforts for the Sales Training team.
- Help to manage the logistical planning and organizing of training activities, and of all assigned training programs (class preparation, facilitator engagement, and set up)
- Curriculum development and implementation on new or restructured sales concepts and best practices with measurements for effectiveness
- Provide directed follow-up and feedback to sales personnel and management team
- Build curriculum through internal systems
- Minimum of three years successful and applicable education, healthcare, sales and/or marketing trainingexperience; field or home office, sales training is preferred
- Possess thorough understanding of selling skills and demonstrate excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Need to have sStrong interpersonal skills, ability to “think on your feet”, organized and results focused
- Training Needs Analysis and Instructional Design experience Curriculum development experience preferred
- Professional Selling Skills Certification preferred
- Possess thorough understanding of current healthcare environment
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years successful and applicable, education, sales and/or marketing trainingexperience
- Training Needs Analysis and Instructional Design experience
- Ability to travel 30-50% of the time
- Background or experience in training, education or coaching highly preferred
- Lead and Manage instructional design
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.