Sales Intern 2020-UNI05721 Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world.Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience.We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way,reducing environmental impact and improving the communities wherewe live and work.
Internships at Cargill:
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce.
As a sales intern you will be exposed to many facets of business operations and will have access to hands-on experience, real time feedback and mentorship from top industry leaders. During the internship, you will be given a project (or multiple projects) relevant to the success of the business, and there will be the opportunity to share your project work with your business at the end of your term. Opportunities exists nationwide within our diverse businesses; Protein, Grain, Salt, Animal Nutrition, Dairy, Starches and Sweeteners and Food Ingredients-Shared Services, and Sunglo.
• Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage).
• Internships are paid and are at least 12 weeks in duration.
• Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
• Cargill interns attend Intern Forum, an event designed to give exposure to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
• Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position for the following year.
• Various U.S. locations - must be open to relocation.
• Field or office setting, must be open to interning in either type of setting.
• This role may involve travel between Cargill office locations and customer locations.
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in agriculture, business, communications, marketing, or related degrees graduating between December 2020 and May 2021.
• Candidates must possess a valid Driver's License.
• Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the U.S.
• Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June - August 2020).
• Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance.
• Overall 3.0 GPA preferred.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish).
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, with ability to influence decision-making.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
• Currently pursuing a degree in Agriculture Business, Ag Econ, Ag Management or similar agricultural discipline.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.