REPORTS TO: STORE LEADER
WHO ARE WE?
Founded in 2013 by Mike and Alex Faherty and Kerry Docherty, Faherty is a family-run lifestyle and apparel brand fueled by purpose and optimism. Our goal: to build a new American legacy by creating high-quality, sustainably-minded, feel-good favorites that will bring you joy to wear.
We feel a deep responsibility to do things differently: to promise comfort without compromising quality. To hold ourselves to a higher standard with a lower environmental impact. To leave the world a better place than we found it.
We recognize the impact the fashion industry has on the world, and we’re dedicated to learning how to be better stewards of the planet. We believe the power of conversation and connection can make real change, and we’re committed to supporting people and organizations doing work that we believe in.
Our passionate leadership team comes from different backgrounds, but share a singular goal: to deliver on our promise of comfort and craftsmanship. To work side-by-side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment every day, like the family we are.
We welcome everyone — and we mean everyone. We believe a diversity of viewpoints, experiences, and backgrounds only serve to make our team stronger, which is why we strongly encourage those from historically and systemically marginalized communities to apply: BIPOC, women, and people in the LGBTQIA+ community, to name a few. We strive to lead consciously, bravely, and inclusively — and to reflect those values in our work. We live by six key pillars:
Be The Best
Spread Good Vibes
Deliver On Promises
Lead Consciously, Bravely and Inclusively
Remain compassionate. Stay focused. Seek joy. Let’s make the world a better place.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You are a natural host of the party. You have an insatiable desire to engage with others and nurture relationships.
- You were a born leader. You bring others together and strive to build dynamic, engaging, and fun teams.
- You make mistakes (we all do!). You acknowledge your errors, learn from them, and move forward with your newfound wisdom.
- You do not shy away from hard work. You know how to be resourceful and are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- You have an inquisitive mind. You are comfortable asking the uncomfortable questions and are not satisfied with the status quo.
- You spread good vibes. You know how to cut loose (while still keeping it together) and embrace all our brand values.
- You respond to problems with solutions. You have an entrepreneurial spirit, generate ideas to evolve the business, and thrive in the grey space.
- You know when to act and when to partner. You leverage your peers and leaders to make effective and informed decisions.
- You have a closet Type-A personality. You keep a smile on your face and pep in your step while crushing your mental to-do list.
WHAT YOU’LL DO!
- Exude energy that is upbeat and contagious. Provide a best in class customer service experience, leaving a memorable and lasting impact on our customers through storytelling and authentic engagement.
- Know our product inside and out. Be the expert in sustainable fashion and set the bar for your team on product knowledge and personal style.
- Drive customer acquisition and loyalty. Capture customer information by creating and updating profiles during each transaction.
- Get to know our customers. Set the standard in selling by styling and wardrobing each customer. Keep the relationship going through customer outreach and personalized follow up.
- Be better together. Assist in providing timely and relevant feedback in the absence of Store / Assistant Leader and support in coaching in the moment.
- Bring ideas to the table. Question what can be done better. Never settle for anything less than best in class.
- Keep the team in the know. Support fluid communication, training, and feedback.
- Lead the way. Roll up your sleeves and immerse yourself in your Division of Responsibility (Sales or Operations) ensuring timely follow through and execution of company directives and standards through action, planning, and delegation.
- Lean in to support and uphold the 4 key areas of a retail store: People, Sales, Visual Merchandising and Operations.
- Embrace role ownership and be ready to step in for anyone on the leadership team as needed.
- Multiple years leadership experience in a similar scope; hi-growth direct to consumer retail brands preferred. Interchangeable with proven record of effectiveness and high performance in an internal role for a minimum of 6 months’ time.
- Omnichannel awareness and the ability to assist in leading a team to provide a seamless customer experience between retail stores and ecommerce platforms.
- Adept with technology and apps, including but not limited to Google Suites and MS office, and familiar with industry-related blogs and feeds.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across a multitude of channels.
- Demonstrated ability to assist a leadership team with coaching and development.
- Proven track record of personal success within a retail business; success is reflective in consistently outpacing individual and team sales and performance goals.
- Passionate about contributing to brand with purpose and demonstrating advocacy through business
- Available when we are open for business, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to bend, reach, stretch for product as well as lift, carry, and move at least 40 lbs
- Comfortable climbing ladders, moving around regularly, and standing for extended periods of time
- Medical, dental, vision and ancillary benefits within the first 30 days
- Free Faherty gear!
- Generous employee discount
- Incremental PTO
- Sales Incentives Program
- Team building events