Charlie’s Produce is the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage and Los Angeles. The secret to our 35+ years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie’s provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees!
This position is responsible for coordinating the activities of produce sales to insure satisfactory sales and profits for the company. Addressing the needs and insuring the satisfaction of our customers. This includes assigned customers, as well as, the accounts of other company salespersons.
Schedule: Day shift, schedule varies must be able to work weekends
- Keeping up-to-date of market conditions and new items
- Pricing strategies—developing price/order guides
- Meeting all company and sales profit objectives
- Maintain a sound working knowledge of all markets and growing conditions.
- Make presentations of profitable programs to potential and existing customers.
- Notify and assist buyers, operations and sales support persons by communication of customer's needs and preferences.
- Maintain effective, professional relationships with retailers, vendors, and fellow employees.
- Organize and provide assistance for special sales and promotions.
- Assist in departmental resets and grand openings when called upon.
- Participate in special projects deemed necessary and well-being of the company.
- Attend all sales meetings and appointments, (be on time, punctual).
- Responsible for individual accounts sales and gross profit.
- Make sure all orders are submitted before scheduled cut off times.
- Responsible for processing and turning in credit memos, responsibility forms and other job related paperwork within the set time lines.
- Walk warehouse-checking product at least twice a day
- Responsible for Quality and Food Safety- Other duties as assigned
- At least two years of inside sales experience in the wholesale produce industry with proven sales record, preferred
- Previous experience in retail produce sales, produce procurement, or produce merchandising in a retail sector is required.
- Candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, And PowerPoint.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Ten key
- Ability to wear a head set, or hold a hand set for up to 8 hours in a shift
- Ability to work flexible hours and days
- Medical, vision and dental
- 401(k) w/Fidelity
- Free 20k life insurance policy
- Free employee stock
- 100% paid college tuition with American Public University
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.