Our ideal candidate
Looking for the ideal candiate to sell facilities, services, and staff of the Hotel in accordance with the facilities business/marketing plans in order to meet or exceed budgeted catering department revenue goals while establishing a strong tie with our customers working very closely with them and catering team to deliver excellent service on all of the banquet/catering functions.
Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, referrals, property tours, networking, tradeshows, national sales office, etc.); to maximize catering revenue to meet/exceed team group room and catering pace goals and individual sales goal.
What you will be doing
- Perform weekly telephone research, professionally qualifying all local and regional outside catering sales calls. Appointments should be made where possible and specific information obtained prior to actual call.
- In a timely manner (24 hour period), address all inquiries and handle accordingly. Negotiate and capture all feasible inquiry business. Make accurate and solid decisions on which inquires to book and which to turn down. Effectively and in the best interest of the hotel, negotiate special menus and/or meeting room rental charges.
- Professionally greet and handle all "walk-in" business.
- Secure rooming lists, direct bill applications, tax exempt forms, VIP names, VIP amenities and complimentary rooms in a timely manner for all incoming groups.
- Effectively complete all pre-convention documents for processing and distribution to all appropriate departments.
- Conduct weekly Food and Beverage meeting and review all BEO information with Chef, F&B Director, Assistant F&B Director, Banquet Manager/Captain, Set up staff, Bar Manager, General Manager and Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Conduct site inspections in an efficient and professional manner.
- In a timely manner, follow-up on any and all leads from either Sales Managers or Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Make outside calls to detail or close business when necessary. This will provide a "personal touch" with new clients and make existing clients feel more valuable.
- Continually and with the highest degree of ongoing interest monitor in-house groups. Maintain at least two times daily contact and "trouble-shoot" if necessary to ensure client satisfaction.
- Educate Meeting Planners on hotel procedures (re: meal guarantees, set-ups, check-in/check-out procedures, rooming lists needs, etc.).
- Efficiently organize and execute hotel and/or corporate related functions to a successful conclusion.
- Cultivate and maintain an ongoing rapport with equipment distributors, exposition companies, food purveyors and special events companies.
- Contribute and work as a "team" player in all facets of this position.
- Conduct hotel tours and entertain qualified potential clients in accordance with the Company and property policies.
- Correspond with potential customers providing any requested information concerning bids, proposals, confirmation of bookings, thank you letters, follow up letters, etc. In conjunction with other office personnel, maintain accurate and up to date records of all sales department functions and transactions.
- Submit required monthly/quarterly/annual reports to the
- Director of Sales & Marketing, General Manager and designated personnel.
- Local community involvement as it benefits the hotel, via approved memberships in organizations.
- Assist Director of Sales & Marketing in the development or research of pricing and policies updating.
- Present a clean, pleasant professional image to project a positive polished appearance to potential guests and clients.
- Perform other services and duties as requested by the Director of Sales & Marketing or General Manager. Sales managers may be called on to host functions and participate in, or conduct sales blitzes, travel and work extended hours to achieve departmental goals.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction
This position is at a location where Hyatt is not the employer. The employer of individuals working at this hotel may be a third-party management company that is responsible for all employment benefits and obligations at this location.