Boston Dynamics is a world leader in mobile robots, tackling some of the toughest robotics challenges. We combine the principles of dynamic control and balance with sophisticated mechanical designs, cutting-edge electronics, and next-generation software for high-performance robots equipped with perception, navigation, and intelligence. Boston Dynamics has an extraordinary and fast-growing technical team of engineers and scientists who seamlessly combine advanced analytical thinking with bold engineering.
We are seeking a sales leader to develop and maintain a sales pipeline for our cutting edge technology across a number of industrial applications for our Spot Product Line including construction, energy infrastructure, and site security. The objective for the Sales Manager is to grow revenue and increase brand awareness for the Boston Dynamics Spot Product Line. In this role, you will focus on building strong and mutually beneficial relationships with our most important customers and partners. Working closely with customers you will identify product and market fit in order to deliver value and grow sales.
Day to day activities:
- Create demand for Boston Dynamics products.
- Analyze customer requirements and applications and recommend appropriate product configurations.
- Qualify sales lead by establishing good customer contact via telephone, email, personal contact, on-site visits, trade shows, etc. Effectively manage these leads by determining how to best close sales.
- Make timely visits to customers/prospects for equipment demonstrations and sales. Extensive travel throughout the defined territory is required.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct trade show exhibits, seminars, webinars, and customer training and support. Responsibilities may include assistance at trade shows and / or seminars outside of the assigned geographic territory.
- Assist in the development of sales tools including competitive materials, presentations, and other sales resources and assist in the acquisition of sales material including images, sequences, reports, etc.
- Bachelors in Engineering, Marketing, Business or related field preferred
- Preferred 5+ years’ sales experience in industrial products or related complex commercial product sales; i.e. construction, mining, building maintenance, perimeter security and surveillance, and other related markets
- Experience with direct sales as well as through dealer/distributors required
- Demonstrated time management skills, ability to set priorities
- Proficient public speaker in small and large events
- Ability to multitask in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and or ability to learn new systems, applications and programs quickly and then to be able to explain to others
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals with a proven track record of sales success
- Knowledgeable with the use of computers and smart devices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Must be able to load, unload, set up equipment 50-70 pounds
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
Boston Dynamics will never ask you to divulge your personal financial or account information as part of its recruiting process.