We are seeking an innovative and dedicated individual to join our Health and Life Sciences business unit as a Sales Manager. As a Sales Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of Account Executives who sell SAS software products, solutions and services to life sciences customers, specifically, in the areas of pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies.
- Responsible for achievement of total software revenue target and management business objectives (MBOs).
- Plans and implements growth plans for software, consulting services, and education services.
- Directs management of sales and sales support activities for staff members to implement growth plans and sales activities.
- Develop and implement marketing, sales and business development plans to exceed target levels.
- Generate new business through strategic-based selling and managing relationships with key customers.
- Assigns appropriate sales goals and assignments to sales staff; determines optimal utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for communication with sales management team to coordinate account strategies.
- Responsible for hiring, directing and evaluating staff.
- Works in conjunction with the Strategic Pricing Group to negotiate contracts and bids.
- Formulate business plan to support the business development process.
- Determines equitable sales assignments.
- Responsible for timely and accurate forecasting (PTG) of software, consulting services, and education services.
- Ensures team alignment toward BASE sales approach and utilization of Orion, Account Plans and Opportunity Plan development.
- Coordinates resources for specified sales methodology and promotes and reinforces BASE selling concepts.
- Leads sales representatives in meeting goals in day-to-day performance.
- Interprets sales policies, advises sales executives in the handling of complicated sales and policy issues, and emphasizes the requirement for use of divisionally-adopted sales methodologies.
- Accurately forecasts new and renewal sales on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Hires and is very involved in early and on-going training of new sales executives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven on target achievement record.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically in the software industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the life sciences industries and/or market segments. Knowledge of corporate software acquisition cycles.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel as business needs require.
- Preferred Locations: New York and New Jersey; Cary, NC also considered.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
- Requires five to ten years of software sales and Health & Life Sciences experience or Life Sciences experience.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving a sales target.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn