Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
We invite you to join our team as a Sales Manager.
As a Sales Manager for Univar you will be responsible for directing the activities of Account Managers to achieve profitable growth for targeted products, markets, and customers and leads and coaches in the development of their selling skills.
- Creates and maintains sales territories and the assignment of accounts to maximize Account Manager productivity.
- Evaluates Account Manager effectiveness and productivity through the tracking of account activity and sales and margin growth. Implements improvement plans as necessary.
- Approves all customer off-list quotes and bids, coaches Account Managers in identifying and utilizing market based pricing strategies. Ensures regular reviews and updates occur.
- Plans and implements local sales plans to support Univar’s product and product/market marketing and growth strategies.
- Assists in the hiring and training of new Account Managers. Training includes defining expectations, sales process, sales techniques and product/industry knowledge.
- Conducts joint sales calls with Account Managers to provide first-hand coaching in the development of selling skills and to increase penetration of key accounts. Counsels and makes recommendations to improve sales techniques and increase product knowledge.
- Assists in and conducts sales and training meetings.
- Performs a territory review with each Account Manager at least 4 times annually, ensuring territory plans and account growth plans are documented and updated.
- Implements, advocates, and utilizes a CRM system. Uses the CRM system as the primary business system to maintain customer profiles, contacts, work notes, and activity management. Ensures Account Managers consistently and accurate utilize the CRM.
- Safeguards all company assets including account/territory knowledge.
- Acts as a liaison between sales support personnel, account representatives, operations, administrative services and Account Managers to improve overall sales effectiveness and customer satisfaction. Ensures proper communication of customer product volume changes and specific service needs.
- Ensures proper communication between local sales and corporate account, and that support actions required are implemented.
- Recommends product line opportunities, new products, and new sales initiatives.
- Coordinates and administers corporate personnel policies and programs within assigned territory and area of responsibility.
- Highly developed selling, financial management and organizational skills
- Direct team management skills - locally and remotely - preferred
- Strong leadership skills in coaching and team building
- Ability to develop and grow strong relationships with key customer contacts and suppliers
- High level of decision-making ability balancing customer needs and company objectives
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of Univar service offerings including: ChemCare, Mini Bulk, Industry Focus
- Strong PC skills including: Excel, Outlook, CRM, UVX, Information Warehouse, etc.
- Experience working with a CRM, specifically, SalesForce.
- Four year degree or equivalent experience
- Broad knowledge of chemical distribution – sales, marketing, financial, procurement
- Substantial and varied field experience necessary
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.