Would you like to work for the world leader in the measurement of density, concentration, CO2, and in the field of Rheometry? Do you prefer to mix things up and work with a variety of customers, such as universities, breweries, and Fortune 500 companies? Then let’s get acquainted:
- Globally headquartered in Graz, Austria, Anton Paar GmbH is owned by the charitable Santner Foundation.
- A highly diverse organization, Anton Paar USA has employees from more than 20 different countries, located all over the US and the Caribbean.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for managing the sales representatives and the sales activities of the Particle Characterization, Rheology, and Nanomaterials Testing product lines within the Eastern region. Our Eastern region includes the east coast from South Carolina northward including West Virginia. The Sales Manager also participates in sales activities for the entire USA such as conferences and seminars. This position reports to the regional vice president.
- Assists the Vice President of the region to build sales territories within assigned region.
- Interviews, makes hiring and firing recommendations, develops new hires, assigns and schedules work, and appraises performance.
- Reviews and recommends staff salaries.
- Ensures that sales personnel are properly trained and their skills are continually being advanced.
- Sells and assists Sales Representatives with making sales of assigned product lines within the region. Assists with closing sales as necessary. Travels with Sales Representatives to provide training and demonstrations. Reports on progress of staff within assigned region. Identifies and monitors key accounts.
- Manages P&L for assigned product lines within the region. Reviews expense reports. Monitors expenses vs. budget.
- Acquires and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all assigned product lines by attending in-house technical training courses. Also attends manufacturer trainings at parent company.
- Attends sales meetings and trade shows, and reads industry publications to gain knowledge of competitors’ product strengths and weaknesses within assigned sales territory.
- Transfers sales opportunities that are outside his/her product line specialty to other Technical Sales Representatives via lead share program.
- Covers territories that are open during hiring process.
- Promptly follows up via phone and e-mail on sales leads provided by the company. Independently generates sales opportunities by contacting new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and explain how their needs can be met by the company’s products. Also participates in technical/professional organizations or networking groups, attends trade shows and/or conferences to obtain leads.
- Prepares sales presentations to explain instrumentation capabilities. Demonstrates instruments to potential customers.
- Works with headquarters on requests for quotations (RFQs). Negotiates prices and terms of sales agreements up to the allowed discount level by product line.
- Installs delivered instruments and trains customers on proper usage.
- Ensured that region achieves sales at or above target levels.
- Relays niche opportunities for key or special accounts to appropriate counterparts.
- Manages all aspects of the assigned territory, e.g., developing Sales Representatives, increasing sales, developing and managing customer relationships, conducting product demos, installations and customer training.
- Maintains proper and correct records of travel expenses.
- Must maintain a current and valid driver’s license and passport
- 50% overnight travel throughout North America.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, engineering, physics or similar field. Alternatively, the worker may have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a strong technical aptitude
- 3 years of sales management experience and successfully applying business and marketing concepts
- 3 years of industry sales experience, preferably in the analytical instrumentation field
- Attends mandatory annual technical and occasional manufacturer training courses each year to stay current on new developments in the field; certificates are awarded upon satisfactory completion of each program
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong selling, negotiation, and customer service skills
- Strong sense of business
Anton Paar USA offers a unique and rewarding position within an innovative and rapidly expanding company and service organization. We offer:
- A highly competitive salary
- Outstanding benefits package
- Relocation bonus
- Opportunity for professional growth within the Anton Paar organization
- Anton Paar in Motion program: planned activities together and with family/friends to promote a healthy working environment for the well-being of our employees. Past examples are baseball, roller skating, picnics, and 5k walks/runs.
- Free fruit for Ashland based employees (a healthier alternative to the vending machine)
- Eco Program – incentive program to promote alternative means of transportation (car pool, electric car, cycling)
Anton Paar USA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
This position is not eligible for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship
Females/Minorities/Disabled/Veterans are welcome