As a Mid-Market Sales Manager, you will be responsible for hiring, training, coaching, and leading a team of new and established Growth Specialists (Account Executives) in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. This role is based in our Cambridge, MA office.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about transforming sales, service and marketing and whose values align with HubSpot’s culture - we are on a mission to help every medium-sized business in the world grow better. We achieve our mission by being Humble, Empathetic, Adaptable, Remarkable and Transparent.
- Has high emotional intelligence - you have genuine empathy for others, and maximize your impact through understanding the motivations of your team, and adapting your communication accordingly
- Is a positive change agent - you have a track record of leading and empowering groups towards driving improvement while navigating change and simultaneously winning. You create a culture of transparency and focused improvement while having fun and fostering a strong team environment.
- Has a commitment to overachievement - you have a “never quit” attitude, and get buy-in to overachieve against targets regardless of the adversity being faced.
- Is data-driven - you leverage and can communicate using data to improve core KPIs that matter to the individuals on our team, the Mid-market segment, and to help drive HubSpot’s strategic “plays”.
- Has experience managing or being managed in a structured sales environment. These could include managing via a sales methodology, a forecast methodology, and structured deal management by sales stage.
- Uses good judgment - especially when tasked with difficult decisions. You are a person who exudes good judgment in decision making.
- Is accountable - you have honest, transparent, and authentic communications with your colleagues, regardless of personal ramifications.
- Is a team builder and coach of learning sellers - You not only motivate individuals but a team towards a collective vision and manifest a team atmosphere.
Sales Managers at HubSpot:
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills
- Have an analytical mindset and leverage data across all interactions
- Have a track record of being excellent coaches
- Are effective communicators and motivators across multiple mediums both externally and internally
- Support salespeople in all aspects of the sales process and keep their team members accountable to KPIs that drive the business
- Support the business in cross-functional projects to drive organizational advancement
- Attract, recruit, interview, and retain top talent
- At least 2 years of years of leading and coaching a quota carrying team
- Experience in successfully mentoring and/or leading others effectively
- Experience leading a consultative sales process
- Experience using CRM to manage and forecast sales opportunities
- Strong analytical skills to identify trends and patterns
- Strong communication skills in written, verbal, and powerpoint forms
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpotCulture Code, which has more than 4M views, and learn aboutour commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot'sRecruiting Privacy Noticeexplains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.