Our client specializes in providing value products in the field of fiberoptics, in particular, fiberoptic components and modules such as Switches, DWDMs, CWDMs, Isolators, Hybrid, Couplers/WDMs, Attenuators, Collimators, Pigtails, and other related products. In addition, they offer custom-made optical components such as lenses, prisms, mirrors, achromats and cylindrical lenses.
Sales Representatives drive the adoption of our client’s technology into new and existing clients while leveraging Partners, Professional Services, and Customer Success resources as needed. Come be part of a start-up where your ability to break new account abound. You will report directly into VP of Sales and be part of small sales team with tremendous opportunity. The position is based in Santa Clara, CA with some travel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Researching accounts, identifying key players, and generating interest
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up, outbound prospecting and cultivating partner relationships.
- Executing online and in-person product demos and clearly articulating the value add of the products within their internal solutions conversations.
- Understanding customer needs and requirements, and building strategic business relationships.
- Owning and growing a territory by closing sales and achieving aggressive quarterly quotas directly and via channel partners.
- Focused consultative selling with a long-term view and approach into Commercial companies.
- Thinking beyond the initial sale and renewal to expansion, and driving adoption of the technology and products.
- Acting as a Trusted Advisor to client leaders and aggressively shaping deals early in the sales cycle and advancing opportunities that result in profitable revenue growth for the company.
- Clearly selling and articulating the value add of the company’s products within their internal solutions conversations.
- Understanding that the product is a solution and sharing and tying it together that their solution can address a problem that perhaps they, the customer, were not aware of yet.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS degree, and 10+ years of prior experience driving and managing inside sales for a fiberoptics, broadband, or optical networking company.
- Consistent and proven track record of meeting and exceeding quota.
- Comfortable with high-end exposure to C-level executives, and the ability to build strong trusted relationships
- High level of business acumen with well-polished strategic, relationship, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create and prioritize strategic target account lists and defined territories, and work alongside marketing and channel partners to develop and execute account plans.
- Detail oriented and analytical with a high clock speed with an ability to thrive in a high growth startup and juggle many balls at one time.