The Branch Sales Manager (with individual sales quota) is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of a team of Branch Account Executives within an individual branch location, and ensuring that all sales team members meet established sales quotas. At the same time this individual is also responsible for establishing and growing a client base within a specific, defined sales territory. This position works closely with the Branch General Sales Manager and other sales team managers to expand business and establish new customers while interacting with existing customers to increase sales of an organization's products and/or services.
As a Manager:
- Manages daily activity of a team of Branch Account Executives
- Hires and trains sales personnel as needed
- Plans and holds regular sales training and inter-departmental meetings
- Supervises field activity of sales staff
- Acts as a focal point for major customer accounts within branch territory.
- Along with Generals Sales Manager, establishes sales quota for sales team members and monitors their performance
- Periodically reviews performance of sales staff and determines avenues for individual and team-oriented growth
- Maintains a close liaison and coordinates with Sharp sales and marketing personnel regarding customer problems
- Continuously seeks and identifies new sales opportunities and directs staff accordingly
As a Sales Representative:
- Responsible for prospecting and developing relationships with existing and potential customers
- Supplies product information to selected customers in an assigned territory and/or arranges for business analyses of customer's business communication requirements and develops benchmark demonstrations, proposals and value propositions that exceed customers' requirements resulting in the development of new customers and retention of existing accounts.
- Organizes and implements post-sale delivery and implementation of SBS solutions at customer locations.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for all sales paperwork for customer orders.
- Proactively develops new customer contacts, reviews leads, participates in customers' business communication planning and delivers SBS’ proposals as prescribed by sales management.
- Meets or exceeds revenue and gross profit expectations.
- Promotes products and Represent Company at off-site customer meetings.
- Maintains records of all account activity within sales database.
- 7-9 years outside sales experience. Experience in office products industry a plus
- 3-5 years sales management experience
- Strong track record of fulfilling and surpassing revenue quotas
- Experience working with key decisions makers (C-level corporate managers)
- Experience in a dealer/distributor sales environment a plus.
- Good knowledge of sales, service, and administrative functions.
- Broad knowledge of the organization's policies, products and/or services.
- BS/BA in Business administration or related field preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
Sharp Electronics Corporation is an equal opportunity employer – minority/female/disability/veteran