Distributor of high technology-based factory automation, industrial process equipment and controls, searching for sales management professional to lead and manage sales team.
Product and services are provided to multiple state area centered primarily in the Mid-Western States. Customers include OEM’s, end users, integrators and contractors in automotive, aerospace, plastics processors, food and beverage, heat treating, petro-chemical, pharmaceutical, bio-tech, consumer products, packaging, printing/converting and machine builders/OEM's.
Successful candidate will have background in industrial product, outside territory sales, and experience and success in leading and managing a territory sales team.
- Set targets, performance plans, and objective standards for sales representatives.
- Develop sales processes and procedures to create accountability
- Provide individual and team coaching, training, support and evaluation.
- Gather and maintain data to use in promoting increased sales performance.
- Counsel, support, and determine performance levels.
- Promote and ensure correct use of sales technologies (CRM) and other tools to promote success.
- Plan and implement training programs (external and internal)
- Facilitate regular, structured sales team meetings.
- Clarify and promote company culture and values.
- Promote team attitude; interdepartmental support and communication.
- Personally manage some of the existing, established customers in St. Louis and immediate, adjacent regions.
- Success in sales personnel management; recognized for leadership and ability to motivate
- Success in building outside territories
- Success in industrial product sales
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ambitious, goal oriented, results-oriented
- Innovative, generating original solutions and ideas
- Decisive and comfortable making decisions quickly
- Demonstrated ability to meet/exceed goals
- Skilled at building rapport, opening doors, and understanding business objectives of customers
- Effective time management
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new programs
- Degree in related field preferred
Competitive Compensation plan ■ Full Health Benefits ■ 401k ■ Vehicle or Car allowance ■ Management opportunity with long established, successful company.