The Westby Cooperative Creamery Sales Manager is responsible for developing new markets, recommending new products and promoting the Westby product line through creative packaging and advertising. The position pursues new business opportunities in retail, private label, food service, and manufacturing to ensure continued growth and customer satisfaction.
1. Design, develop and implement sales and marketing plan.
2. Attends trade shows to promote products and identify and secure new customers.
3. Develops product packaging and advertising campaigns.
4. Collaborates with the Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin (DFW) for advertising funding.
5. Designs and develops promotional materials for sales.
6. Sends samples and details of product pricing to new customers.
7. Communicates with Plant Manager and Quality Manager regularly regarding new product development, plant efficiency, etc.
8. Communicates with Westby Cooperative Creamery office staff regularly regarding accounts receivable, customer service, pricing, etc.
9. Coordinates special events, including trade shows, expos, dairy industry meetings, etc.
10. Assists in developing point of purchase materials for stores.
11. Hires, trains, and supervises sales staff.
12. May perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or similar degree and five or more years of similar work experience in the food or beverage industry or a combination of both experience and education required. Organic, natural food and/or whole food experience preferred.
2. Knowledgeable and experience in sales and marketing principles and techniques, developing goals, plans, objectives and communicating and training such to individuals and groups is required.
3. Ability to drive, a valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
5. Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively lead or direct others in a team or work independently are required.
6. Skilled in organization, time management, prioritization and attention to detail is required.
7. Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs is required.