About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KGNS TV’s market dominance begins with a prime offering of NBC, CBS, ABC, CW and Telemundo affiliations; and a delivery daily newscasts across multiple broadcasts and digital streams including desktop and mobile. KGNS TV, the areas’ leading news broadcaster is located in the Laredo, Texas Metropolitan area and serves a combined population of over 790,000 (seven hundred ninety thousand) on the South Texas and US/Mexico border. The area consisting of Webb, Zapata, Dimmit, LaSalle, Maverick, Zavala, Frio, Duval and Jim Hogg counties; and Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico is geographically poised for success between two nations. A thriving and dynamic area for all things news, the Laredo Metro area houses a diverse economy that is often immune to economic anomalies experienced by the rest of the country. Touted the number 1 (one) inland port on the US/Mexico border and diverse in her economy, whether it be ranching, agriculture, international trade, healthcare, education, retail, manufacturing or oil/gas, Laredo and our sister cities offer a wide range of industries to foster a consistently healthy economy. Laredo’s population is a diverse blend of ethnicities with a median age of 27 (twenty seven). Her young and vibrant energy lends itself to a history that offers entertainment, a wide array of eateries and a cultural immersion in a unique experience that can only be held by the romance of this U.S. / Mexico border culture.
A home to many successful broadcasters, KGNS TV has a reputation of preparing reporters, producers, and anchors for their next move, which includes moves to larger metro markets. On the sales and marketing side, training integrated marketing techniques is one of the reasons our team continues to thrive. The KGNS TV family is one where integrity, ethics, and personal growth are fostered. After all, it’s always sunny in Laredo, Texas.
Make your mark in Broadcasting. KGNS is the dominant TV station in the market, due to the combined strength of KGNS NEWS, NBC, CBS, ABC, CW, TELEMUNDO and the web powerhouse KGNS-TV. Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believes in a vision and is dedicated to its employees. We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team! The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, have an enthusiastic and outgoing personality, along with a drive to succeed. Most importantly - we are looking for hard-working salespeople who want to have FUN at work, make money and help local businesses grow.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Generate revenue for the station and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
• Develop new business through selling commercial advertising time and other station products by reaching out to local businesses and other advertisers
• Create and present advertising strategies and ideas for local businesses incorporating TV, online and digital mediums
• Provide input on sales promotion ideas to sales management
• Retain current business and develop new business contacts
• Attain budgeted revenue goals through effective solicitations, promotions and service
• Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and find ways to help them achieve their objectives through effective advertising
• Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships
• Competitive, persuasive, energetic and self-motivated
• Ability to overcome objections
• Outside media sales experience preferred but not required
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
• Professional appearance
• Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and insurance
• College Degree Preferred (but not required)
• Sales Experience Preferred
- Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.