ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Answer sales and catering phone lines in a timely, professional manner. Take messages, handles customer requests and forwards leads/inquiries to the appropriate salesperson immediately. Assist clients when they are unable to contact managers and are seeking immediate assistance.
- Handles production of gift certificates and gift card reservations.
- Assist or handle VIP reservations, amenities and related preparation.
- Support Sales Managers as directed with inquiries, client requests, meeting and event space bookings, site tours, and meeting room set-up/teardown.
- Provide effective, detailed communication to all departments with guest requests or changes.
- Performs daily office duties including faxing, copying, checking all out boxes and mail.
- Maintains orderly office inclusive of the filing systems.
- Prepares contracts and proposals, ensuring method of payment and adhering to established policies.
- Send event follow-up correspondence/evaluations.
- Assists Director of Sales/Team in organizing tradeshows and sending collateral to customers.
- Complete monthly reports and submit to DOS/Controller/GM.
- Prepares and review reports for the DOS to analyze booking trends.
- Support the Director of Sales &Marketing in planning, execution and supervision of successful hotel marketing events, collateral design and development, PR support, website content, maintain promotional materials and prepare marketing reports and presentations.
- Develop and project manage any campaigns, marketing strategy, partnerships and/or product launches for this segment.
- Keep abreast of key groups, meetings and social event trends as a means of presenting diverse and fresh sales and marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with brand, digital and social teams to develop content (image, copy, engagement tools, etc) strategies that will resonate with target segments, planners and influencers.
- Serves as liaison with resort and media outlets for obtaining information, coordinating press visits and events, handling press inquiries and mailing information as needed.
- Maintains calendar of special marketing events, sporting events, concerts, other events of interest in the community.
- Seeks new opportunities for community partnerships that align with hotel brand and vision.
- Manage all aspects of social media presence for the hotels, developing engaging and thoughtful content to connect with our guests and gain new followers.
- Review accuracy of online content on all exterior websites, reviewing for accuracy, refreshing content with new and relevant information, updating property photos.
OTHER FUNCTIONS: This list if other functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Attends sales/catering/staff meetings, as requested.
- Assists with contract generation as directed by the DOS/Sales Manager
- Other duties as directed by the DOS
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information discreetly and professionally
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, including the ability to problem solve without direct supervision
- Excellent phone, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to track actions and follow through on processes.
- Strong computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Delphi and front office systems such as Epitome, Opera or similar and/or database management systems.
- Strong detail orientation; ability to set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger.
- Ability to take direction from multiple sources.
- Thorough knowledge of the hotels layout, rate structure, meeting space, group capacities and capabilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Four year degree and previous hotel experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a 4 to 5 star hotel (and the quality and services expectations associated therewith) preferred.
- Minimum of two years of hotel or travel related industry experience preferred.
- Multilingual skills ideal.