Do you look at every obstacle as a challenge to overcome? Are you the most driven person you know?
At VU, we help Veterans buy homes. To make that happen, we have a variety of Sales-Minded, Established and Mid-Career Opportunities (including Loan Officer) that provide a trusted partner for our customers from the beginning of the loan process to the finish line.
Examples of these roles include:
- Loan Officer
- Account Executive
Although demanding, these positions offer an incredibly rewarding experience. Being in sales at VU is a truly unique experience that few careers could ever match. We work diligently so that Veterans and military families can realize the dream of homeownership.
Job duties will vary upon assignment but may include:
- Calling leads, educating borrowers on loan process; collecting and processing borrower information to gain online approval; securing proper documentation; structuring loans for borrowers, including rates and fees for loans; managing loan process through the customer closing on the loan for their new home.
- Meeting with agents, brokerages and other business interests to maintain network of real estate agents; researching high performing agents across the region; contacting agents and their brokerages to encourage them to join our network.
These individuals are challenged every day to go above-and-beyond to consistently offer unparalleled customer service. These roles are a good fit for someone with strong business acumen and the ability to translate and present quantitative information in a professional format. Previous sales experience and an understanding of performance-based marketing metrics is preferred. Additionally, so is previous mortgage origination experience closing online mortgage leads and previous experience in a call center environment.
We’re looking for someone who can be passionate about their job and have fun doing it, who will deliver results with integrity, and who enjoys finding ways to enhance the lives of others every day.
We’ll also want to know you can demonstrate these attributes:
- A track record of high production and top-notch results
- Adaptable to change and shifts in priority
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Aptitude to learn new technology
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and decision-making skills
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize, maintain attention to detail and time constraints
- Demonstrated work ethic and highly self-motivated
- Proficiency of basic computer technologies
No previous mortgage experience is necessary and as you grow and gain experience, opportunities across the company are available to progress your career. These roles have led to positions like Team Leader, Production Manager, and many others.
Veterans United is the nation’s #1 VA lender and over 97% of our customers would recommend us. This may sound like a brag but it's only possible because we have a team of talented and committed employees working hard, every day, to make a difference for the people we serve; the men and women who sacrificed for our country. We find it’s easy to give your best when you serve the brave.
Veterans United is proud to be an EOE/ADA and Military-friendly employer. Some of these roles may require licensure upon hire.