Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and point-to-point transport services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 202 markets globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. A generous base salary, structured tenure pay increases and an uncapped commissions plan offers you an unlimited earnings potential. A full benefits package takes effect within 30 days of employment. Matching 401k and stock options are also included.
The Sales Operations Analyst is predominantly responsible for validating a high volume of incoming customer orders per month (300+), generated by a 350+ person global sales organization. There is a daily focus on data management and the validation of sales orders via phone and within our systems.
Primary role includes;
(1) Supporting sales representatives with their questions, queries, concerns, and processing their orders.
(2) Interfacing with intra-company departments, such as Billing, Provisioning, Legal, etc.to finalize terms of orders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Call customers to verbally verify order information
- Ensure data entered is accurately captured in accordance with pricing and product guidelines in company systems.
- Ensure all required documents/approvals are present and accounted for within the orders edocs.
- Master all internal systems such as Siebel/OPM and to be able to help guide sales within those systems.
- Coach individual Sales Reps and Managers on procedure and processes.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly developed organizational, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills including CRM software, personal applications (Outlook, MS Access, MS Excel)
- Effective as both an individual contributor and team player.
- Ability to coordinate and effectively manage multiple projects.
- Judgment, tact, diplomacy and professionalism.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, thoroughness and follow-through.
- Initiative and strong customer service skills.
- Problem Solving, Quality Focus, General Consulting Skills, Project Management, Process Improvement
- Positive attitude.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, TRAINING AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS/BA or equivalent experience preferred but not required.
- 1 year or more experience in a sales support role in a fast-paced environment is preferred.
- Technology industry experience is preferred but not required.
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Operations Analyst (General)