18-20921 -- Sales Operations Senior Salesforce.com Technical Analyst
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting North America is looking for a Senior Salesforce.com Technical Analyst to join our Tax & Accounting North America team in a remote home office. Wolters Kluwer, Tax & Accounting North America (TaxNA.WoltersKluwer.com) has served tax, accounting and audit professionals, within the United States and Canada, since 1913. Our market-leading solutions include CCH® ProSystem fx®, CCH Axcess™, CCH® IntelliConnect®, CCH® iFirm, ATX™, TaxWise®, U.S. Master Tax Guide®, Taxprep and Cantax in Canada, and CCH® SureTax® and CCH® Sales Tax for businesses requiring sales and use tax compliance.
Today, tax and accounting professionals within mid-to-large firms, have evolving needs and expectations and count on Wolters Kluwer to provide solutions that help them navigate complex tax laws with accuracy, greater mobility and speed. These needs place a premium on access to agile systems, integrated workflows, and solutions that simplify the tax and accounting compliance ecosystem.
Wolters Kluwer, Tax and Accounting North America invites individuals who are passionate about helping to create the future of tax and accounting, to join our team. Our key office locations include Atlanta, GA, Riverwoods, IL, Dallas, TX, Wichita, KS, Torrance, CA and Toronto, CA.
The Sales Operations Sr. Salesforce.com Technical Analyst will be responsible for implementing new functionality in Salesforce.com, improving data quality, and providing business insights through data analysis and analytics to drive operational efficiency and continuous improvement, and ultimately enabling the Sales organization to achieve growth targets.
* Responsible for engaging with sales leaders and sales reps to understand processes and challenges. Define requirements aligned with driving efficiency and improving user experience in the sales systems (Salesforce.com, CPQ)
* Translate business requirements into functional and technical design aligning with Salesforce.com and other technical best practices
* Complete system build in Salesforce.com (declarative configuration, and, as needed, Apex and VisualForce coding)
* Define test plan and perform testing to ensure system is functioning properly
* Perform deployments from sandbox environments into production
* Liaise with IT to define requirements, mappings, and translations to build, optimize, and maintain integrations between Salesforce.com and connected systems (e.g., SAP, Einstein Analytics, and others)
* Prepare tools for tracking sales metrics, trending, and forecasting leveraging Salesforce.com and Einstein Analytics
* Perform analysis of KPIs, identify and analyze key trends, and regularly highlight performance issues and areas of improvement to increase revenue potential to the leadership team
* Act a liaison between Sales and business owners from across the organization, including Finance, Marketing, Product Management, IT, etc. to drive connections and communications to and from the Sales organization
* Develop data enhancements and conduct ongoing data maintenance, quality, and governance programs
* Performs other duties as requested by Supervisor
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field, OR equivalent Preferred: Master's Degree in related field
5 years' experience in Sales Operations, IT, or Data Management in a Sales environment Preferred Experience (includes minimum)
: * Deep technical expertise in Salesforce.com configuration; experience with Apex and VisualForce development
* Expertise in system development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, testing, and deployment, preferably in a Sales environment
* Experience in Sales, Sales Process, Sales Reporting, and Sales Analysis
* Experience with managing data quality processes or governance programs
* Experience integrating Salesforce.com to backend ERP systems and other systems
* Proficiency in MS Office Suite with advanced Excel skills
* Experience in Configure, Price, Quote Tools (Salesforce CPQ or Apttus preferred)
* Experience with ETL tools (Informatica preferred)
* Experience with Business Intelligence reporting tools (SAP Business Objects, Einstein Analytics, Tableau)
* Experience with CRM Fusion or other Salesforce.com data management tools preferred
* Experience with SAP or other ERP systems
* Experience with Pardot or other marketing automation systems
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
* Strong analytical and research skills
* Advanced level usage of Excel
* Salesforce.com certification
* Demonstrated ability to interface with sales people, all levels of management and experience working across multiple functional groups required.
* Highly skilled in strategic data interpretation and visual representation
* Outstanding organizational, time management and interpersonal skills in managing workload and internal customer expectations
* Advanced professional communication skills both written and verbal
* Detail-oriented and ability to handle multiple top priorities
* Ability to function in a fast-paced collaborative and in a matrixed organization
* Strong work ethic and passion for excellence
ABOUT WOLTERS KLUWER Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services. Wolters Kluwer reported 2016 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY). For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
INFORMATION For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is also available at 888 (495) 4771.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled