Ardelyx is a publicly traded biotech company focused on improving the lives of patients by developing and commercializing first-in-class targeted therapies that advance patient care. Using our discovery model, Ardelyx scientists have characterized new biological mechanisms and pathways that have enabled us to develop a pipeline of drug candidates to manage complications related to kidney and cardiovascular diseases. Our lead candidate, tenapanor, is a first-in-class small molecule therapy for the treatment of hyperphosphatemia in adult patients with chronic kidney disease on dialysis. If approved, tenapanor could completely change the treatment paradigm in a disease state with significant unmet need. We are advancing the build of our commercial organization to be prepared for launch of tenapanor in mid-2021.
Sales Operations Manager
- Provide day-to-day sales operations support.
- Work closely with sales management, commercial analytics, and operations teams to develop key metrics to measure and monitor performance (dashboards/reports).
- Maintain multiple systems fluency to quickly and accurately provide ad hoc data requests/reports for key stakeholders and provide specific questions in an effective manner.
- Ensure timely and accurate collection, analysis, management, and dissemination of sales reports.
- Assist commercial leadership and cross functional partners (HR, Finance, Legal) with incentive compensation operations including administration of the approved plan, reporting, communication, awards/contests tracking, data integrity/accuracy, and IC governance.
- Assist with on-boarding and on-going sales team staffing and support matters.
- Collaborate with IT and Commercial Analytics to set-up and manage a CRM platform.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to lead and deliver sales force training needs – a learning management system, educational materials, career development, etc.
- Oversee that all sampling policies and practices conform to the FDA/PDMA requirements.
- Oversee field-based personnel car allowance and mileage program (Motus).
- Support commercial leadership in the planning, organization, and coordination of key sales and meetings.
- Establish and lead sales team communications efforts – programs, contests, samples management, Motus program, personnel rosters, relevant scientific and clinical research papers, industry news, competitive intelligence, etc.
- Lead implementation of IT hardware and software needs.
- Oversee adherence to equipment, travel, sampling, and expense policies.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven business experience in the pharmaceuticals/biotech industry, including at least 3 years of sales and/or management experience.
- Knowledge and experience partnering with sale leadership, marketing, commercial operations, commercial analytics, IT, market access, medical affairs, etc.
- Experience with sales force customer targeting, incentive compensation management, CRM platforms.
- Exceptional problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail and ability prioritize effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess integrity, work with honesty, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree a plus.
- This position is Milwaukee-based, with up to 10% travel (company meetings, customer visits, industry conferences).
- Position reports to the VP, Sales.
As a member of the Ardelyx team, you will help us in developing and bringing to market first in class medicines to better the lives of underserved patients with cardiorenal diseases. It’s the patients in need that motivate and inspire us to be relentless and work hard every day. They push us to maintain a clear focus on scientific and clinical integrity with a commitment to medical innovation so that we can deliver exceptional medicines.
Ardelyx, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.