Our vision is to power every autonomous vehicle with the first LiDAR capable of making them both safe and scalable. It’s easy to get an autonomous vehicle to work 99% of the time, but it’s the last 1% that’s preventing them from becoming a reality. That’s where we come in. We’ve built a breakthrough LiDAR from the chip level up, delivering 50x better resolution and 10x longer range than the most advanced LiDARs available today. Luminar is not just a sensor, but the core of a platform that can enable the industry to have safe autonomous vehicles on the road. We are a diverse team of passionate and driven individuals, making us a powerhouse of innovation, design, engineering, and manufacturing. We are hiring the best and the brightest to accelerate the industry, and bring forward the next transportation revolution. As Sales Operations Manager -- focusing on programs that improve operational efficiency, consistency, and compliance in support of the Luminar's financial and tactical business objectives . The selected individual will manage all aspects of sales operations including (Copper) CRM, sales order entry, reporting, sales training and all business decisions related to Luminar’s Deal Desk including discounting, deal structure and deal terms. This role serves as a liaison with other divisions such as Finance, Accounting, Legal, Purchasing, Product and Operations in an effort to ensure accurate and timely processing of sales orders.
- Manage Luminar’s Deal Desk to ensure quick and efficient processing of sales quotations and proposals
- Work with Finance to ensure standardization for discounting and deal terms
- Manage Luminar’s CRM tool to ensure BD and Customer Success teams consistently enter information about their sales opportunities
- Collect, input, verify, correct, and analyze data to measure key performance indicator actual versus business objectives
- Provide weekly reports to senior management including Book, Bill and Backlog, Sales Forecasts, Sales Pipeline, Win / Loss, etc.
- Effectively incorporates customer delivery schedules and operational changes into future revenue forecasts and revenue timeline considerations
- Provide updates to management regarding forecast to actual, informing them of deviations and opportunities
- Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions and/or deals
- Communicate best practices to the organization and monitor process and approvals for full compliance
- Drive implementation of new processes and procedures
- Manage all aspects of Product and Skill training for BD and Customer Success teams
- Serving as the point contact for Business Development to support RFI and RFQ responses
- 10+ years relevant work experience
- 3+ years experience within an automotive OEM or Tier 1 in a manufacturing setting
- Extensive experience working with CRM tools.
- Follow-through skills necessary to get information from internal and third parties and have data errors/omissions corrected
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet format
- BS/BA in Business, Economics or technical discipline
- Comfortable acting independently across Internal and External teams to drive results
- Experience working with ERP.
- MBA or MS/MA in a financial discipline.
10+ years relevant work experience and 3+ years experience within an automotive OEM or Tier 1 in a manufacturing setting.
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company. Luminar offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.